Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Open to offers - Unregistered Tiger CAT E1 Pinto
montythemole

posted on 24/3/11 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Open to offers - Unregistered Tiger CAT E1 Pinto

Took this as a swap for the MGB and although I like it, I can't help feeling it's a bit too similar to the Dutton Phaeton (even same colour) and it just makes me hanker to build a complete car myself rather than step in halfway. Having dirty thoughts about an Exocet for example.

So open to offers around 3k. Car is in Milton Keynes.

The car -
It's a Tiger CAT E1, with powder coated chassis and original receipt for kit
It's based on a Sierra, the V5 for which will shortly be in my name.
Type 9 5 speed reconditioned box
CD of build photos

Prior to sitting around for a few years I'm told it had:
New twin 45 Italian built Weber Carburetors
Full tonneau
Brand new alloy wheels and tyres
Factory balanced and shortened prop
Reconditioned starter motor
New alternator
New disks, callipers, pads and shoes

2.0 Pinto with rebuild receipt. From what I can gather it was rebuilt in 2007 and done 18 miles since so not even run in.
The receipt I have is handwritten from Graham of Chester sportscars and lists:
+20 pistons new, rebored block, new oil and water pump, new mains and big ends, unleaded head conversion and what looks like pxh valves? Doesn't mention what cam though.
Engine has twin 45s and with a charge to battery starts although is a little slow on the starter I think battery is still low or I've been told it could be timing out. Once running it sounds good, there is a slight rattle which I've been advised by other's in the know is a sign it needs running in still rather than anything to worry about, or may also be timing.

The bodywork is black and pretty good (as good as Tiger ever are).
Comes with the steels wheels shown or for right price will include a set of 5 Mille Miglia alloys (these are a few years old but never used, new wheels, new tyres).

It has Tiger clocks inside, and small low back seats. Statics 3 point belts and roll bar. Spare carrier on rear. Tonneau cover, no windscreen or wipers/heaters.

From driving along the drive and playing it doesn't seem to need anything doing to be used as is, but would need some work for the BIVA.

I'm no expert on the BIVA so don't take this as gospel:
Headlights, mirrors and seatbelts likely OK. Seats aren't will need headrests or high backed buckets. I have a pair of narrow GRP seats that seem the right width I could sell with the car if needed but was planning to keep for the Dutton. Photo below of one sat in the car on top of existing to check width, would obviously be lower once fitted.

1) Cycle wing radius is likely needing work, they look like they need rotating forward to meet the angles required. Also need to check clearance with whatever wheels it wears on the test
2) side repeaters are mounts to body and would fail, from what I can gather on here need to affix either to rear wheelarch or to side of headlight bulbs
3) lag/cover the square bar under the dash that won't meet the radius limits
4) Usual bolt coverage of the wishbones
5) self amalgamating tape on trackrods
6) Socks for the air trumpets to make safe
7) Rear lights generally, they're not perpendicular to the ground, no reverse, fog may be on wrong side and they look a little low
8) The bonnet has the rubber style clasp at rear but exposed spring type at front that will likely need changing.
9) Check speedo accuracy
10) radius a few random bolts etc
11) Tidy wiring (it's pretty good but I'd like it to be better just for my peace of mind)
12) Resolve the full size no plate holder and carrier arrangements.
13) No brake fluid warning sticker
14) Likley need to box in pedals as they're exposed into the engine bay at the top
15) Presume need to label up the lights in the cockpit once I know what they do
16) Filler cap retains key but is not the ignition key so may need a tether?
17) car has steering column lock so think it's OK regards security?
18) steering wheel boss is collapsible so think that's OK,

Some photos of the car:

And photos of the GRP seats and the full set of 5 alloys that can be included if negotiated:

[Edited on 24/3/11 by montythemole]

[Edited on 24/3/11 by montythemole]

[Edited on 25/3/11 by montythemole]

1985 Dutton Phaeton Series 3 1300GT

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.