Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Iphone 3gs 32GB
davestarck

posted on 25/3/11 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Iphone 3gs 32GB

I have a brand new still in its unopened box white iphone 3gs 32GB. It arrived via courier to my house with no paperwork so I do not even know what network it is on or who sent it too me!!. It has been sitting in my office since well before christmas just in case I got a letter or phone call to say it was sent by mistake.
I am now going to put it up for sale so its open to offers.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

prawnabie

posted on 25/3/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Can still be traced via IMEI number? more than likely on a blacklist too
Tipster69

posted on 25/3/11 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent
davestarck

posted on 25/3/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Can still be traced via IMEI number? more than likely on a blacklist too

Thanks for that bit of info

I'm sure people are fully aware of that, not as if I can send it back or havent waited long enough for it to be claimed.

T66

posted on 25/3/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
why would it be on a blacklist ? its not stolen .....

Nor has it ever been used, so a previous owner cannot list it as wonky either.

And If Orange sold 8,000,000 phones last year, before we count anyone else, can we really believe the imei is recorded against who it was sent to ? I very much doubt it.

An observation...

prawnabie

posted on 25/3/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I had a new phone lost in post last year (no it wasnt an iphone ) - I notified o2 and they sent another. The first one turned up 3 weeks later and when I switched it on it came up with sim error with every sim I tried. Took it to a mobile unlocking guy and he said it was blacklisted and it was jail time if he got caught messing around with IMEI numbers. In my case the mobile company knew which phone it was and blocked it when reported missing.

Whichever way you look at it is basically stolen!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 25/3/11 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
I had a new phone lost in post last year (no it wasnt an iphone ) - I notified o2 and they sent another. The first one turned up 3 weeks later and when I switched it on it came up with sim error with every sim I tried. Took it to a mobile unlocking guy and he said it was blacklisted and it was jail time if he got caught messing around with IMEI numbers. In my case the mobile company knew which phone it was and blocked it when reported missing.

Whichever way you look at it is basically stolen!

Its not stolen is it. If you find a pound coin on the street you haven't stole it have you.

I'm tempted but only to replace the Battery and bits on my 3GS, I assume they be dismantled?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
prawnabie

posted on 26/3/11 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971, (as amended) it is an offence to demand payment for goods known to be unsolicited, in other words, they were sent to a person without any prior request made by them or on their behalf.

Someone who receives goods in these circumstances may retain them as an unconditional gift, and does not have to pay for or return any unwanted goods. Anyone who receives a demand for payment for unsolicited goods should report the matter to their local Trading Standards Department.
However, in the case of unsolicited goods received before 1 November 2000, the recipient is required to give notice to the sender to collect them within 30 days, or otherwise to wait for 6 months, before being able to treat the goods as their own property.

If you have no idea which courier it came from (I smell BS there) then i cant see how you can contact anyone. I would still be careful though!

[Edited on 26/3/11 by prawnabie]

karlak

posted on 26/3/11 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I think the problem here is that someone will not have received the phone they were expecting. They would contact the people who sent it, who will then "turn off" the phone using the unique phone identifier code as they will assume the phone has fallen into the wrong hands.

Why not just open the box and try it with a SIM ? Would be good to know that it is working phone before selling on anyway.

[Edited on 26/3/11 by karlak]

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

davestarck

posted on 26/3/11 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Item no longer for sale, cannot be arsed with all the hassle!!
karlak

posted on 26/3/11 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davestarck
Item no longer for sale, cannot be arsed with all the hassle!!

Just try it with a SIM, if it works,, all good and sell it on

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

coyoteboy

posted on 27/3/11 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, just stick a SIM in it, test it out, simple.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.