Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: trigger wheel. anyone got a x20xev engine manual they can scan?
blakep82

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
trigger wheel. anyone got a x20xev engine manual they can scan?

got a trigger wheel cut by andy on here, all holes etc perfectly centred, and even checked which all sorts of rulers, calipers etc, and its spot on. but when bolted to the crank, it moves side to side, and today wore the end of the crank sensor, and eventually broke it lol

anyone ever found a crank pulley to be not perfectly round? i'm quite confused. got a feeling even trimming it on a lathe won't help as the bolt holes are right

[Edited on 4/4/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mediabloke

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Blake, I bought a new on & got the trigger wheel fitted by a local machine shop in the end, after knack'ing a sensor. Cost me about 1/2 hour - an hour's labour, but it was spot on and they slotted it so I could adjust the timing slightly as I needed, to compensate for the bracket. It was spot on afterwards - better than me & Phil could manage, anyways.
Francis

[Edited on 3/4/11 by mediabloke]

blakep82

posted on 3/4/11 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
thing is though, i think if it took the pulley and trigger wheel to anyone, it would still be the same. there's 4 bolts through the trigger, and these go through the pulley into whatever the pulley's bolted to. i can't see how it can be wrong

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mediabloke

posted on 4/4/11 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Presuming that it's bolted through the pulley to the spigot on the end of the crank, could the pulley be warped or the damper be shot? Some slight play between the bolts & the spigot, or some slight play between the bolts and the holes in the trigger wheel?

Would it be possible to mount the trigger wheel directly onto the spigot and bolt through the pulley then the trigger wheel. Like a trigger-wheel sandwich?

blakep82

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
might be able to, but that will be a job for when ever the engine is next out and needs a new sensor bracket. think this is going to end up being a fair set back getting this sorted..

02GF74

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

anyone ever found a crank pulley to be not perfectly round?

yes.

[Edited on 4/4/11 by 02GF74]

mcerd1

posted on 4/4/11 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I got a ring type one from trigger-wheels.com

it wasn't far off, but I was getting a custom alloy pulley made so I had the guy bore out the trigger wheel a bit to make it spot on

only problem is its not very locost (especialy the hard anodising)

[Edited on 4/4/2011 by mcerd1]

-

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 4/4/11 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
it might not be locost, but it sure is purdy...
blakep82

posted on 4/4/11 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
has anyone got a few pages of a workshop manual for a x20xev engine so i can see how the crank pulley goes together?
i'd consider getting a pulley made if i can easy do away with dampers and stuff, but i need to know exactly how these pulleys go together i think.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.