Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How accurate is the whatcar valuations website
femster87

posted on 5/4/11 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
How accurate is the whatcar valuations website

I have seen a car am interested but the price is £2500 over the price quoted by whatcar website. Does anybody know how accurate they are?
Jon Ison

posted on 5/4/11 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
I dont know about whatcar but I tend to look at ebay for true valuations, look at ended listings, thats what people have been prepared to pay.

eta where is the car ?

Just bought Mrs a 307cc, looked at one at main dealers 7.5k, bought same car privately almost same mileage 1 year younger better interior spec for 5k, thats your 2.5 k maybe ?

[Edited on 5/4/11 by Jon Ison]

jossey

posted on 5/4/11 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
we buy any car gives if you put excellent in for everything they give you book price.

which is same as the glasses guide which costs to check...

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 5/4/11 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
A car is worth what ever someone will pay for it, either you think it's worth the money or you don't.

That's my view anyway.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

femster87

posted on 5/4/11 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
A car is worth what ever someone will pay for it, either you think it's worth the money or you don't.

That's my view anyway.

Davie

Yeah If we are talking about bespoke cars such as kit cars and classics. But for mass produced cars there has been an established valuation process in use for a long time now.

mcerd1

posted on 5/4/11 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
which is same as the glasses guide which costs to check...

most dealers use glasses for trade in values

if you just want the trade in price - use the 'value my car' on vauxhall's network Q site - it gives you the glasses prices for free

-

Ninehigh

posted on 5/4/11 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by femster87
quote:
Originally posted by daviep

That's my view anyway.

Davie

Yeah If we are talking about bespoke cars such as kit cars and classics. But for mass produced cars there has been an established valuation process in use for a long time now.

True but that's still customer driven. Although to an extent they do use sheep tactics on us... Like Volkswagens hold their value, because used car dealers sell them for higher prices because they hold their value... Alfas don't (apparently) but if everyone decided the best thing to get is a second hand Alfa prices will start rising, but no-one does because they don't hold their value.

Having said all this as far as I'm concerned my car (05 mondeo tdci, 97k miles) is a £10k car, even though it'd probably sell for more like £1-2k

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.