Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bailey performance?
t16turbotone

posted on 6/4/11 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Bailey performance?

Hi folks, any know anything of bailey performance in telford? ime thinking of letting them map my megasquirt

thanx

Tony

clairetoo

posted on 6/4/11 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest - I wouldnt go there - my friend had his Fury (which I fitted a Mazda V6 in , same setup as mine) and he spent four hours on it , and finished up with what looked like generic `four valve' map.......................the fuelling was all straight lines right across the map , req. fuel was set at 18 (mine runs 8.2) , and while it `OK' and made 206 BHP , cruising MPG was around 20 compared to 38 on mine , and he claimed the fuel pressure was dropping off at full throttle.............
In short.............not impressed at all .

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

BaileyPerformance

posted on 12/5/11 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Bailey Performance

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
To be honest - I wouldnt go there - my friend had his Fury (which I fitted a Mazda V6 in , same setup as mine) and he spent four hours on it , and finished up with what looked like generic `four valve' map.......................the fuelling was all straight lines right across the map , req. fuel was set at 18 (mine runs 8.2) , and while it `OK' and made 206 BHP , cruising MPG was around 20 compared to 38 on mine , and he claimed the fuel pressure was dropping off at full throttle.............
In short.............not impressed at all .

Hello Everyone!

Please let me put the record straight,

The V6 referred to was fitted with 2 sets of motorbike throttle bodies, the car came here running on 5 cylinders at best, the problem was traced to a faulty linkage on
one side of the engine, i balanced the throttles and modified the linkage FREE OF CHARGE.

We proceeded to map the car for the next couple of hours, it was clear that there was another problem as we started to map the top end of the rev range at full load, so
as i normally do i fitted a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel line so we (the customer and i) could monitor the fuel pressure at full load. It dropped off at high RPM. So it is a FACT that the fuel pump was weak or a pipe is restricted in the fuel system.
This may also be the reason why the map looked odd as i was effectively compensating for low pressure during mapping, but until the pump was sorted its impossible to tell.

All the above was witnessed by the customer, the engine made good power considering the exhaust system was wee poor, the customer went for a test drive and was VERY pleased, he commented it was the best it ever went.

The customer was was over the moon, just like all my customers! If you know the customer (i dont have is number) and he is not happy i will PayPal a FULL refund to him directly.

i have fitted megasquirt ECUs to tractor pullers, microlights, drift racers and a drag racing landrover (fastest in the UK) to name a few.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CNHSS1

posted on 12/5/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
hiya, do you just do megasquirt ecus or others too? any experience of Emerald ecus?
Cheers CNH

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

BaileyPerformance

posted on 12/5/11 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Emerald Mapping

quote:
Originally posted by CNHSS1
hiya, do you just do megasquirt ecus or others too? any experience of Emerald ecus?
Cheers CNH

Hi, i have not used Emerald before, but have used most others(DTA,MBE,OMEX). To be honest all aftermarket ECUs perform the same function, i like Megasquirt because its adaptable and reasonably priced.

I friend of mine (who rents my dyno from time to time) uses Emerald on Nissan 300XZ's. He has been working with Dave Walker to make a PnP kit for the 300.

I'm happy to map an Emerald, no problem!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.