Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk indy or indy r?
evonigel

posted on 8/4/11 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
mk indy or indy r?

looking for an mk at the moment as previously posted in another thread.Is the indy r worth the higher price tag which they seem to fetch considering i want an mk for road use only?
loggyboy

posted on 8/4/11 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
For 100% road use its pointless, the benefits of inboard suspension are negligeble if any, and any other changes would have been intended for track benefit. Even if you wanted to do the odd track day, if your keen to pur money else where then dont be to worried about choosing the original chassis (a decent set up and good tyres would probably be a better way to spend the savings and give more benefit)
scootz

posted on 8/4/11 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Or what about the elusive... RR!

It's Evolution Baby!

welderman

posted on 8/4/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Or what about the elusive... RR!

Trust you lol

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

scootz

posted on 8/4/11 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 8/4/11 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
You need to drive both the Indy and the Indy R, there's a big difference in the ride quality of the two cars, even just for road use, I would go for the Indy R without a doubt. Ive had both the standard Indy, and the Indy R, both great cars on the road and track, but the Indy R feels so much better, if you see the extra work and design that goes into the R chassis I think its a real bargain for the extra cash, its around £600 now when you buy your kit, but the car will be worth around £1500 to £2000 more, when you come to sell it, so its a win win situation if you can stretch to the extra ££££'s
austin man

posted on 8/4/11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
as Paul says the Indy is a good car the r is better for road use you should be okay with the standard wishbones saving a bit of cash but losing adjustment.

You have already owned an indy so if you were satisfied with that then have another Indy

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.