Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: T11 prototype
t11

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
T11 prototype

Hi all I'am Gordon and new on this web site so please bare with me if I ramble on a bit, I first got this project in 2001 as a rolling chassis in need of many years of hard work and large pot on money! the chassis needed a strip down and a paint, but before painting I had to weld on any brackets required for things like door hinges, steering coloum, petrol tank, door latches and catches etc you get the idea as nothing was ever done at the factory not even doors cut out of the body shell, engine/gearbox is BMC E series Maxi behind the driver, if you where to google Gilbern t11 you will find it while I work out how to post a picture.........cheers for now Gordon
Miks15

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like an interesting project gordon,

Any pics of where you are up to with the build?

lsdweb

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
This one?

Well done to you Gordon!

Regards

Wyn

[Edited on 9/4/11 by lsdweb]

t11

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
T11 prototype

Hi Wyn.........yes thats it and what a hoot to drive too being only 38ins high the sence of speed is something else,but with a few transmission problems at the moment its off the road for a while untill its sorted, if anyone would like to see it please get in touch and pay me a visit all welcome........Gordon
matt_gsxr

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
nice work,

if you add your location to your profile ("control panel" --> "edit profile" --> "Location" then you will get more visitors

Matt

designer

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I saw that years ago as a mess on the back of a trailer.

Didn't the owners club have it?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
really nice looking little motor , ggod job

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

andyd

posted on 9/4/11 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ooo me likey

Give us some specs Gordon... motor? g/box? running gear?

How fast does she go mister?

Is that picture fairly recent?

I'd like to see some shiny wheels on that bad boy... only an opinion you understand

Andy

t11

posted on 9/4/11 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
T11 prototype

Hi andy.......running gear is Austin Maxi engine/gearbox unit home made drive shafts going through moded maxi front hubs at the rear and disc"s rear as well using renault gordini calipers, at the front we have triumph TR6 uprights disc's and calipers, suspension is un-equal length wishbone's and AVO coil overs with anti squat anti dive suspension geometry, at the rear we have a lower wishbone and a single top arm and twin location rods top and bottom all joints are rose type and bushes are the poly type.....as for speed I have no idea as its only got 750 miles on the speedo, the wheels are J.A.Pearce magma's and are as rare as the car and are a dull finnish, gearing is not quite right but as bmc only did 2 different diff ratio's for the gearbox I'am a bit stuck but there are plans to do something about that soon. The picture was taken in 2009 by the way.........Gordon
lsdweb

posted on 9/4/11 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Not wishing to detract from Gordon's hard work and skills but here's another slightly different Gilbern - link - engine

Regards

Wyn

MikeRJ

posted on 9/4/11 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
That is a lovely looking car!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.