Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a few more wiring questions
daniel mason

posted on 18/4/11 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
a few more wiring questions

am trying to wire the car at the moment and its quite a challenge,so have a few questions;
1;does anyone have the pinouts for savage switches?
2;how do i wire relays in before the indicator and light switch stalks as the s2000 stalks cant switch the 12v loads?
3;do i just connect up the dash tell tale warnings to the 12v outputs of each item eg the terminal which feeds the indicator,or light?
4;is there a diagram for adding in a fan override switch?
5;and do i need to wire in the brake fluid level wiring or can the brake warning be done via the handbrake? cheers all

Rosco

posted on 18/4/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
You've not got other answers so I'll have a go. It sounds like S2000 wiring is a bit unusual and I've no experience of this, but I'll take an educated guess.

1 - no idea

2 - Are you sure S2000 stalks don't take 12V. If not 12V then what - maybe they're tied into a solid state device? Note that swtich rating is more about current than voltage (at these sorts of voltages anyway) so they may well be up to drive a small 12V relay. If not then try a smaller lower voltage relay or some sort of solidy state switch. The guys a Maplins are a good place for advice.

3 - That would normally work. If you're using S2000 instruments and warning lights, and you're right about the stalks using a differnet voltage, you might want to check the warning lights.

4 - You just need a parallel feed to the relay coil - possibly with a diode to prevent a back feed.

5 - As I understand IVA regs you need to wire in the brake fluid - the hand brake switch is a way to test the circuit, which is also an IVA requirement.

In terms of S2000 instruments, try your Honda garage. I had a friend who worked for Honda a few years back, and the technical information these guys had from Honda was fantastic - don't think Haynes manual - this was more design type data.

daniel mason

posted on 18/4/11 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
thanks mate. very helpful!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.