Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dashboard
ChrisLeary

posted on 28/4/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Dashboard

Evening all,

Hope everyone is well?

I was browsing on here the other day and read somewhere about sticky back carbon fibre sheeting. Does anyone have any ideas about such a covering for a dashboard? I can't buy a ready made dash because it's different dimentions to a normal kit.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

afj

posted on 28/4/11 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Do you mean vinyl, 3m di-noc is the best one if thats what you mean. Look on ebay for it , ives used it on the front and rear cycle wings and aerosceen

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ChrisLeary

posted on 28/4/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by afj
Do you mean vinyl, 3m di-noc is the best one if thats what you mean. Look on ebay for it , ives used it on the front and rear cycle wings and aerosceen

Thanks for the reply AJF, I don't really want to use the printed vinyl because it doesn't look like real carbon. I'll have browse at the 3M stuff.

Chris

RazMan

posted on 28/4/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
3m di-noc is about as close as you can get to the real thing - it is not simply printed vinyl and has a very realistic feel. I covered my netbook in the stuff and its pretty damn good.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 28/4/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
3M DiNoc looks like this with 2 coats of laquer
Carbon fibre?
Carbon fibre?

bi22le

posted on 28/4/11 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have used the ebay equivalent stuff recently and it is really good. No matter how close you look it looks like weave but un lacquered. It stretches really well though. I managed to cover the equivalent size of half a large easter egg to perfection.

Depending on how contoured your dash is it would be good to use. Flat dash like the MK and MAC1 would be easy. Mine would never look right so I didnt bother!!!

HTH

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Chippy

posted on 28/4/11 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Picture of mine, not great but will give you the general idea. HTH Ray

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

David_17

posted on 5/5/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Finished mine today (been waiting for gauges). I used the 3m stuff mentioned above.

[Edited on 5/5/11 by David_17]

[Edited on 5/5/11 by David_17]

eddie99

posted on 5/5/11 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like it has come out lovely

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.