Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help needed!!!!
RMarine

posted on 29/4/11 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
help needed!!!!

i have just tried to start my car for the 1st time in 5 months. only to find that it wont start. i have checked the spark plugs and found a oily petrol type liquid at the bottom. i have also put the timing light on the leads and found that 1 and 2 wont spark while in the head but will when out.. help me please before i put the whole lot on ebay!!!!!!

Its all Mark Evans fault......

mad-butcher

posted on 29/4/11 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
If it's 5 month old fuel it won't like it, so new fuel reccommended, so would suggest taking plugs out and if you've got a blow torch heat them up to clean them, drain old fuel then with plugs out spin it over in short bursts to blow the old juice out, put the cleaned plugs back in hopefully it should start.

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 29/4/11 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Swap that pair of plugs over and see if the problem follows.. might help rule out weather its the plugs, HT leads or coil etc at fault.
RMarine

posted on 29/4/11 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
sorted thx for your help

Its all Mark Evans fault......

SteveWalker

posted on 29/4/11 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
If it's 5 month old fuel it won't like it, so new fuel reccommended, so would suggest taking plugs out and if you've got a blow torch heat them up to clean them, drain old fuel then with plugs out spin it over in short bursts to blow the old juice out, put the cleaned plugs back in hopefully it should start.

tony

I've heard this about old fuel many times, but my kit-car has been off the road for some years now due to finances and lack of time (a wife and three kids!) and as long as the battery is charged it'll start after a couple of goes.

My wife's previous car (15 year old Almera) was also off the road for over three years, due to her being ill and unable to drive (the wonderful NHS took 3 years of bouncing her around consultants and their waiting lists to finally decide what was wrong with her and start treatment). She's now able to drive and decided on a newer, smaller car, with five doors and when I came to take the Almera for MOT prior to trading it in a few weeks ago, it started first time.

As an aside, while I was chatting to the tester, he offered to buy the Almera off us for use as a courtesy car (it was in beautiful condition and only 40K on the clock) and he paid us twice what we'd been offered as a trade-in.

littlefeller

posted on 29/4/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
does this mean it wont be on ebay then

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.