Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Springtime!
David Jenkins

posted on 30/4/11 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Springtime!

I was faffing around with my fish pond this afternoon, while listening to a cuckoo doing its thing around the village.

My wife was weeding a flowerbed while trying not to spear the robin that kept getting under her garden fork while it got the grubs and beetles she was bringing to the surface.

This evening she called me to the back door to listen to a nightingale singing its heart out in a tree in our garden.

I love living in the countryside in the springtime!

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 30/4/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
here here, me too, love the sounds of the countryside, especially when I fired up the MK to go for a run to Homebase!

David Jenkins

posted on 30/4/11 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote

Bit like that at lunchtime, when I rumbled off in the Locost to a tractor rally at my local pub! Had to give it some welly on the way home...

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 30/4/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Good times, was a cracking day for it!

James

posted on 30/4/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, the joys of nature....

A sodding great hornet appeared in our bedroom this afternoon.

I've read of people on here talking about them but as I've also had people on here unable to tell a bumble bee from a normal bee or a wasp I thought they were a bit of a bogey man... proved to be wrong there!!!

40-50mm long and evil as hell looking! Although I know they're apparently actually far more docile than wasps. Still got mighty nervous getting it in a glass and out the door though!!!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 30/4/11 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/5/11 at 02:59 AM Reply With Quote
oh yeah the joys of stinky cows and their hoards of flys, had 12 years of that all through the summer, that and them jumping the fence and destroying my garden

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 1/5/11 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
I love this time of year - The only bad thing about spring is the amount of pigeons & doves that seem to perch outside by open bedroom window, cooing their bloomin' hearts out at 5:00am

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 1/5/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
oh yeah the joys of stinky cows and their hoards of flys, had 12 years of that all through the summer, that and them jumping the fence and destroying my garden

It's all crops around here - rarely see a cow. Sometimes you see sheep eating the remains of a crop, but little else.

MakeEverything

posted on 1/5/11 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Ah, the joys of nature....

A sodding great hornet appeared in our bedroom this afternoon.

I've read of people on here talking about them but as I've also had people on here unable to tell a bumble bee from a normal bee or a wasp I thought they were a bit of a bogey man... proved to be wrong there!!!

40-50mm long and evil as hell looking! Although I know they're apparently actually far more docile than wasps. Still got mighty nervous getting it in a glass and out the door though!!!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 30/4/11 by James]

As with bees and wasps, they only get aggressive in certain conditions or if attached / defending a nest. I knew someone that got stung in the eye, and the side of his face swelled up and was the same shape as the back of his head. He looked like a football, or pumpkin head man. Scary stuff.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

iank

posted on 1/5/11 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
The red kites are soaring over my garden up here, more common than sparrows.
The do make a rather pathetic mewling noise though which is hardly befitting a bird with a 5-6' wingspan.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

gottabedone

posted on 1/5/11 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I was faffing around with my fish pond this afternoon, while listening to a cuckoo doing its thing around the village.

My wife was weeding ..................................

I read that as I was faffing around with my fish pond ..........my wife was welding

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.