Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pre IVA Shakedown
Bumble

posted on 4/5/11 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Pre IVA Shakedown

I've pretty much finished my build!!!!! Just some IVA "trim" to add and off we go. I'll add some pics after the weekend for comments.
I'm running a 2.0L Zetec with R6 TB Injection and Megasquirt. Car starts, idles and drives quite well (up and down my road that is) although lambda says it's running rich.
I've got access to a disused airfield on Friday for a final shakedown, set up brakes and some tweaking.
I've got the full version of Tuner Studio, any recommendations on using Live Tuning & VE Analyze Live?
Any other pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

big_wasa

posted on 4/5/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
So jealous, I want to bring mine and do the same. I did get the speedo calibrated over the weekend though.
mikemph
Contributor

Posts 111
Registered 20/9/10
Location oxford

Photo Archive Go!
Building: R1 powered Haynes Roadster and MK Indy zetec turbo

posted on 5/5/11 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
I've pretty much finished my build!!!!! Just some IVA "trim" to add and off we go. I'll add some pics after the weekend for comments.
I'm running a 2.0L Zetec with R6 TB Injection and Megasquirt. Car starts, idles and drives quite well (up and down my road that is) although lambda says it's running rich.
I've got access to a disused airfield on Friday for a final shakedown, set up brakes and some tweaking.
I've got the full version of Tuner Studio, any recommendations on using Live Tuning & VE Analyze Live?
Any other pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

Make sure your AE is set too 100% when autotuning etc otherwise it doesn't work that great try and hold it at each load and revs for a few seconds. Set the cell change to easy so it should change quickly but not the most accurate. Then when it close it best to do some logging and use VE analyse but make sure your afr target table is filled in for both methods otherwise it won't work.

carpmart

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Matt

Tris on here, mid beds based is desperately looking for a place where he can shake down hos car pre-IVA. Can he join you on Friday? I'll ping him a U2U and get him to contact you!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Bumble

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Matt

Tris on here, mid beds based is desperately looking for a place where he can shake down hos car pre-IVA. Can he join you on Friday? I'll ping him a U2U and get him to contact you!

I'd love to help but it's through a friend of a friend that I've managed to blag it. It's been rather frantic organising it and has lots of stipulations so it won't be possible.
Matt

Tris

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hello Matt,

Just seen Harvey's U2u and this thread - No worries regarding access, but yes i have been looking for somewhere near to set the speedo and bed the breaks in. If you do ever get wind of an opportunity in the future then i would appreciate it if you could let us know

Cheers
Tris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.