Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: wheel spacers
Arthur T wareing

posted on 12/5/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
wheel spacers

Hi I'm a bit skint at the moment and can't afford airies alloy wheels and was thinking of fitting 20mm wheel spacers so I can fit the sierra wheels. Has anyone used spacers and could give me any advice it would only be a short term measure till I pass IVA and save the extra money. regards Arthur
Antnicuk

posted on 12/5/11 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
for 20mm spacers you will need to hubcentric ones which arnt cheap for 4, you could be looking at a minimum of 50 quid. Just make sure they will fit your hub and the hub on the spacer fits your wheels. Belt and braces should realy have bolt on spacers which are even more money

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

big_wasa

posted on 12/5/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
find a cheap set of capri or pug wheels. I got five 13" laser rims last week 18mm et with good tyre for £45
MakeEverything

posted on 12/5/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk
for 20mm spacers you will need to hubcentric ones which arnt cheap for 4, you could be looking at a minimum of 50 quid. Just make sure they will fit your hub and the hub on the spacer fits your wheels. Belt and braces should realy have bolt on spacers which are even more money

I never understand why people specify7 hubcentric spacers. Isnt this an expensive version of the normal spacer?

Ive used spacers for years like MINI,MIDGET,HERALD,SPITFIRE WHEEL SPACER KITS NEW | eBay UK with no problems whatsoever.

My most recent ones are 25mm on the kit car.

[Edited on 12-5-11 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

StuartBJ

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
I've used a combination on my build.... 5mm here 40mm there (cough, cough)....., yes hub centric are better but you could easily fit a set of 4 universal alloy spacers from eBay circa £25-£30 for 20mm thickness, they come in 5mm increments. I used some 5mm spacers behind my front brake discs. You would also need to fit extended wheel bolts (I would imagine), these come in three lengths when using Sierra/granny running gear.... about 75p - £1 each as I recall.

My rears are bolt on hubcentric, to stop wheels hitting my springs .... £160, 40mm bolt on, Billet machined, treated alloy..... Still dubious

Antnicuk

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk

I never understand why people specify7 hubcentric spacers. Isnt this an expensive version of the normal spacer?

Ive used spacers for years like MINI,MIDGET,HERALD,SPITFIRE WHEEL SPACER KITS NEW | eBay UK with no problems whatsoever.

My most recent ones are 25mm on the kit car.

[Edited on 12-5-11 by MakeEverything]

each to their own, i suppose it depends on how safety conscious you are.......................

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.