Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 bell housing dust cover
Cheffy

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Type 9 bell housing dust cover

Evening all,

I know many have not bothered with cover plates between the engine and bell housing, and have run for many miles without issue, but as I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday afternoon I thought I'd knock up a couple of ali plates to help keep the crud out of the clutch on my Zetec/Type 9 installation. Still a bit of final fettling to do but was quite pleased with the results so far. See what you think...........

ATB,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheffy... I had a couple of hours to kill .

I cannot relate to this thread...

Cheffy

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dusty

posted on 20/5/11 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Don't like it. The plates will act like a spacer where they fit between bellhousing and block or sump. They should ideally be present all the way round the bellhousing flange to maintain crank/input shaft alignment.
coozer

posted on 20/5/11 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Easier way here....http://www.retro-ford.co.uk/shop/node/197

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Cheffy

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Afternoon chaps,

Thanks for the feedback.

Dusty, sorry, should have been a bit clearer in original post, I was going to use the original top plate from the Zetec engine so that the bell housing would sit square on the engine - just wasn't in the photo's - hence a bit more fettling to do yet.

Coozer, thanks for the link. I thought I'd done quite a bit of searching online but hadn't seen that. Could well be an option.

Cheers,

Mart.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.