Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: c20xe prob again!!!
joolsmi16

posted on 20/5/11 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
c20xe prob again!!!

HI all, sorted the last problem of the engine not running on tick over due to a faulty AFM the car now runs on tickover but today after 5minutes engine cutout back fired through the K&N type air filter (smoke) then wouldnt start after that?

I did'nt do the conversion and Iam starting to regret that as I dont know where to look, the only thing I can remember the garage saying is that they didnt connect the lamba sensor because the engine will run will out.

I need to get the car running as summers coming!!!!

Any ideas will be great, also does anyone know where to get a steel bonnet for a 7

Thanks

Jools

j3w3ll3r

posted on 20/5/11 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
How about this bonnet

Westfield Alloy Bonnet (louvered) for (SEi) | eBay UK

www.essexhomegame.co.uk

MkIndy7

posted on 20/5/11 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry it's not much help but I'd say there's more than one problem here.
My C20XE (Never had a lambda with the Dizzy on the cam) will startup and run fine without the Airflow meter even connecting, I left it unplugged by accident once and other than having a hyper sensitive throttle it drove ok.

The garage saying they didn't connect the Lambda sounds very dodgy.. If it's running a standard ECU it really should have it and will be expecting signals from it surely.

loggyboy

posted on 20/5/11 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Are you running standard injection set up? If si is it 2.5 motronic (dizzy) or 2.8 motronic (dispac)

C20XE will run withou the lambda connected, but will run lean, so not wise to do for ver long. (My MoT man did it for me to get me thru my emmisions)
If you do fit/replace it, dont get a cheap generic one, get a proper bosh one.

I dont see how the AFM would have been doing much to the idle, thats usually down to the idle valve, which is a fairly common fault with the bosch idle valves, but fortunately, they are farily common to vauxhalls, volvos, saabs and more.

The smoke from the filter soounds odd, was it a on off puff of smoke or does it every time you try to start? Are all the breathers/vacuum pipes clean?

joolsmi16

posted on 24/5/11 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
c20xe prob again!!!

the engine is a dizzy type, the engine was running very rich "black plugs" changed AFM ran ok for a short drive, now runs for a few minutes then cuts out.

I welding in the lambda and connected over the weekend and no change, what other sensors can I look at?

Jools

perksy

posted on 24/5/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
"I Welding in the Llambda..."

Sorry do you mean you soldered in one of the universal type Llambda sensors ?

a Dodgy TPS or Coolant Temperature Sensor would also cause over fuelling

joolsmi16

posted on 24/5/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
c20xe

The lambda sensor that come with the engine was never fitted by the guy who did the conversion so I cut the exhaust and welding the threaded boss to fit the standard lambda sensor.

Just been reading about the idle control value, I only have one pipe/hose going to the value should there be two and if so were do the hoses go to??

The engine at the moment is not running rich, but will start replacing sensors soon...

Jools

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.