Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt rolling road session today!
t16turbotone

posted on 4/6/11 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt rolling road session today!

Hi peeps,
Took my car to Dale at http://www.baileyperformance.co.uk in Telford, for a much needed Rolling Road Megasquirt mapping session. After a few checks we put the car on the rollers and strapped her down, Dale then hooked up his laptop and had a look at my fuel and ignition tables, after fitting his wideband the mapping began. During the first couple of runs it was clear my attempts at mapping were crap! To cut a long story short i came away from his workshop with 202bhp and 191 lbft of torque @ 6000 rpm not bad for an old Rover T series Turbo engine!
Took car for a test drive and what a difference hes made! i am more than happy with Dales skills, hes a nice bloke, eager to help, and knows his MS stuff!! he even welded a alternator bracket back up when it snapped during a power run and took me to the petrol station when i ran out of fuel! top bloke!
Just need to remove the cat and fit a much larger airfilter and 220bhp should be possible
Many thanks to Dale...im chuffed!

Tony

doddy

posted on 4/6/11 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
sounds good i think i will be going there when my cars nearly finished

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/4x4wheels

dunk3

posted on 4/6/11 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Will be taking mine there next month,
austin man

posted on 4/6/11 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
whats he charge ??

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

t16turbotone

posted on 4/6/11 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
his rate is £250.00 Which i think is very reasonable.

Tony

austin man

posted on 4/6/11 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
most seem to charge 350 and up so very reasonable

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

BaileyPerformance

posted on 5/6/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t16turbotone
Hi peeps,
Took my car to Dale at http://www.baileyperformance.co.uk in Telford, for a much needed Rolling Road Megasquirt mapping session. After a few checks we put the car on the rollers and strapped her down, Dale then hooked up his laptop and had a look at my fuel and ignition tables, after fitting his wideband the mapping began. During the first couple of runs it was clear my attempts at mapping were crap! To cut a long story short i came away from his workshop with 202bhp and 191 lbft of torque @ 6000 rpm not bad for an old Rover T series Turbo engine!
Took car for a test drive and what a difference hes made! i am more than happy with Dales skills, hes a nice bloke, eager to help, and knows his MS stuff!! he even welded a alternator bracket back up when it snapped during a power run and took me to the petrol station when i ran out of fuel! top bloke!
Just need to remove the cat and fit a much larger airfilter and 220bhp should be possible
Many thanks to Dale...im chuffed!

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for the post, glad your happy. Impressive power for around 10PSI of boost, must be a handful on the road!
Hope you didn't get too wet on the way home!!

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.