Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ETB Digidash in steering wheel.... IVA ?
StuartBJ

posted on 6/6/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
ETB Digidash in steering wheel.... IVA ?

Hi All,

Well I'm getting close now and currently wiring up. I had planned to fit my ETB digidash behind my steering wheel and offset to the left but I'm now considering mounting it on the steering wheel, I've seen this done before but only track car.

I'm sure the edge of the digidash has a suitable radi but would it pass an IVA recessed in to a steering wheel?

Any idea's?

Thanks

[Edited on 6/6/11 by StuartBJ]

StevieB

posted on 6/6/11 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good plan, but I'd put it behind the wheel for IVA then mount it on the wheel afterwards. At least that way you;re not chancing a fail for something so simple.
StuartBJ

posted on 19/6/11 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it may work but after recently recieving my steering wheel the digidash isn`t really suitable for mounting directly to my d shape wheel. George from essex kit cars has a MNR and has it mounted on a dedicated column bracket supplied by MNR themselves. Upside of this is that the Digidash doesn`t move when you turn the wheel.

The only downside to the ETB is its mounting flush ability (esepcially for people who use CF or GRP dashes), reason being is the ETB dash does not have a lip as a normal dial would have, so any mistakes in your cutting would be visible, unless hidden by eding strip etc.

...... a small price to pay for the functionality and price of the digidash.....

[Edited on 19/6/11 by StuartBJ]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.