Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bendix master cylinder dismantling
Neil P

posted on 8/6/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Bendix master cylinder dismantling

Hi,

can anyone help with how to get the second piston out of the master cylinder. I have a new set of seals to go in but I'm struggling to get it to move. I've tried a bit of compressed air without success.

Thanks

Neil

adithorp

posted on 9/6/11 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Long time since I've done one but... Some have a retaining pin inserted under the resevoir rubbers (not sure it's Bendix)that prevent the second piston coming out. Otherwise banging it down hard onto something solid like a vice (put a piece of ally down to prevent burring) sometimes helps. Or try a bit more air. If you go the air route, make sure you have a rag over the end to catch the flying piston.

Edit. ...and be carefull that the piston doesn't fly out when you pull the pin. The wife won'tbe happy if you get fluid on the carpet!

[Edited on 9/6/11 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Neil P

posted on 9/6/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely spot on.

Took off the reservoir, there was the little pin, pulled it out and the piston shot across the room powered by the spring and landed on the carpet (wife's out so I was fiddling with it while watching the news).

Thanks for your help

Neil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.