Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 15" Split rims with very good Toyo 888 SG tyres
tommy turtle

posted on 14/6/11 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
15" Split rims with very good Toyo 888 SG tyres

Hi,

I have a set of 15" split rims with very good SG Toyo 888's. They all have 5mm plus on the tyres. The rims are tidy, not immaculate but respectable enough. I also have a couple of spare outer rims in case they get damaged. The tyres have done very little so they don't look far off of new.

If you are interested then make me an offer. I am not open to daft offers though as the tyres are about £550 new and they are not far off new.

These tyres are very hard to get hold of at the moment so they could be very handy for you racing lot as they are the soft compound.

The wheels are standard ford fitment and have been fitted on my Tiger R6 I don't know the offset but my other wheels are ET23 and these sit exactly the same as them.

I would attach a photo if I knew how to put one on here.

I can be contacted on 07740948899 anytime.

Thanks

Tommy

[Edited on 14/6/11 by tommy turtle]

[Edited on 14/6/11 by tommy turtle]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

tul214

posted on 15/6/11 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
[img] split
split
[/img]

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

karlak

posted on 15/6/11 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Put a price up. We all know where we stand then

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Neil P

posted on 15/6/11 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you?

Neil

tommy turtle

posted on 15/6/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for putting the picture on for me.

I live in Aylesbury, Bucks.

As for price, well I guess no one is up for making an offer and I don't really know what they are worth but I have decided that i'd like to see £500 for them. Is that reasonable?

Thanks

Tommy

DRC INDY 7

posted on 15/6/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
when new they have 4.8mm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

beaver34

posted on 15/6/11 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
what size tyres?

what width rims?

roughly how much?

gingerprince

posted on 15/6/11 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Might want to put mfr date of the tyres, as the soft compound have a short shelf life for optimal use so if they're 12 months or older they won't be of interest to someone needing the ultimate grip of the softer rubber.
tommy turtle

posted on 15/6/11 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
I have just found out that the wheels have two different offsets for front and back. The measurements are as follows.

2 wheels are 122mm from inner rim to inner hub face and 78mm from outer rim to inner hub face.

Other 2 are 106mm from inner rim to inner hub face and 92mm from outer rim to inner hub face.

Those measurements were taken from the widest point of the rim. I assume they are 7" rims though as I guess the measurement is taken from the tyre bead section of the wheel? Correct me if i'm wrong.

I hope that info is useful.

As for tread depth they measure 5mm on my depth gauge so if they are only 4.8 new then I guess they are still newer than new!

The tyre size is 205 50 15.

I will check the date on the tyres later. They have however been stored in the dark in my extension.

Tommy

Tommy

tommy turtle

posted on 15/6/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
Might want to put mfr date of the tyres, as the soft compound have a short shelf life for optimal use so if they're 12 months or older they won't be of interest to someone needing the ultimate grip of the softer rubber.

I've just been out to get the manufacturers date but I can't see one on there. I have had these though since October last year but I wouldn't know how long they have been in the warehouse! Regarding you saying that they wouldn't be of interest to someone needing ultimate grip, that is your opinion and I disagree as I have a set on 13" wheels that are older than these and I posted a quicker lap time with them in testing earlier this month than I did a year earlier with exactly the same car in similar conditions. If they are stored properly they seem to last just fine.

Tommy

tommy turtle

posted on 15/6/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD

Thanks for the interest.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.