Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Posting freeks - bit of a rant
D Beddows

posted on 16/6/11 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Posting freeks - bit of a rant

If you know NOTHING about the subject or have no experience of anything to do with it WHY do people feel compelled to post a reply along the lines of 'I know nothing/have no experience about/of it but I think it's wrong/right' (delete as applicable)........ WHO CARES!!!! and no one in real life is impressed if you get to be one of the top 10 posters on Locostbuilders especially if most OF YOUR POSTS ARE T*SS

and relax........... oh and if you flame me for saying this well..........you need to get out into the real world - the internet is a tool not an alternative reality........lol

[Edited on 16/6/11 by D Beddows]

violentblue

posted on 16/6/11 at 03:12 AM Reply With Quote
I really cant comment on that sort of thing, I don't have any experience dealing with this, but if you want my opinion these sort of people just feel the need to be heard, even if what they have to say is drivel. But thats just my uneducated opinion on the subject.

[Edited on 16/6/11 by violentblue]

a few pics of my other projects

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 16/6/11 at 04:59 AM Reply With Quote
Oh dear who rattled your cage

LBMEFM

posted on 16/6/11 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote
Can't you guys sleep, no wonder your all rattled being up at that time of night.
LBMEFM

posted on 16/6/11 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote
Can't you guys sleep, no wonder your all rattled being up at that time of night.
Snuggs

posted on 16/6/11 at 05:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by violentblue
I really cant comment on that sort of thing, I don't have any experience dealing with this, but if you want my opinion these sort of people just feel the need to be heard, even if what they have to say is drivel. But thats just my uneducated opinion on the subject.

[Edited on 16/6/11 by violentblue]

+1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Bigboystoys

posted on 16/6/11 at 05:59 AM Reply With Quote
Freeks or freaks??? Sorry couldn't help myself
mcerd1

posted on 16/6/11 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
the answer is: drink beer and forget about it

I find this works with almost any problem lol

-

Benzine

posted on 16/6/11 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Oh dear who rattled your cage

I'm guessing it was the MX5 thread... LINKY

It's Evolution Baby!

mrwibble

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote

jollygreengiant

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble

I sometimes wear my bird on my head, but this is just an irrelevant factiod posting so its a bit pointless really, except that she's much better looking than the above bird. Ho Hum enough twaddle, I go now.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Ninehigh

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
To be fair I do understand the frustration when you ask a question because your missus is annoyed that this thing that's broke is going to cost too much to repair, and the first three replies you get are:

Don't know anything about it
Have you tried switching it off?
Wear a coat!

indykid

posted on 16/6/11 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
I have no experience of this, but I think it's pretty much spot on.

Neville Jones

posted on 16/6/11 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Worse still, are those who want you to think they know, and post an answer they found on Wikipedia, or another forum.

Most will know how this winds me up, particularly when I am looking at utter garbage written on the screen in front of me.

Misleading and grossly irresponsible at best, downright reckless and dangerous at worst.

Cheers,
Nev.

owelly

posted on 16/6/11 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
There's a guy over on ppcmag.co.uk/forum who has single-handedly diluted any useful info into pages of crap. He asks random questions then posts up his own answers. He post shed loads of ebay links of stuff he's not buying and then posts more telling folks what he would do with whatever it is he's not buying. And his favourite most annoying trick is exactly the OPs case, he gives 'advise' based on whatever 'knowledge' that happens to be in his head/lifted from wiki.
He says his replies may be plentyful but its for the benefit of lesser-talented folks who need a push in the right direction when using the search facility. So why post up ebay links that woll be gone in a few weeks?!
Now don't think I want these forums to be 100% encyclopedia stuff and I may occasionally wander off topic but because of this bloke, I rarely look over on ppcmag anymore.
See? You've got me started now.....

Peace out my friends.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Strontium Dog

posted on 16/6/11 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
the internet is a tool not an alternative reality........lol
]

Oh no, then how do I get back? I seem to have been trapped here for ages!

David Jenkins

posted on 16/6/11 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
I treat this forum like it was a conversation in a pub... a lot of the info is excellent, some is total cobblers, most members contribute good stuff, a very small number are time-wasters. The trick is to do what you do in the pub - pay attention to the interesting people, ignore the pillocks, and double-check anything that looks useful before acting on it. A decent amount of silliness and humour is also welcome!

I've asked questions in the past and have had answers that were just plain wrong - but they've inspired a bit of lateral thinking that led me to the correct answer. Thinking about it, this has happened very often over the years, and I've ended up doing stuff that I would never have thought of without the 'incorrect but inspiring' answers.

scootz

posted on 16/6/11 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
... and double-check anything that looks useful before acting on it.

I've probably wasted a few hundred quid and also plenty of hours by not adhering to this simple rule earlier in my LCB career!

That said, for every wrong answer, I've received many more helpful ones! Top site and most of the posters seem decent spuds.

It's Evolution Baby!

Benzine

posted on 16/6/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
........ WHO CARES!!!!

you, apparently XD

Just read the other thread, if you're talking about blake then he hasn't said 'mx5s are rubbish', he even said "still, if you like it, thats what counts. enjoy". I find "most OF YOUR POSTS ARE T*SS" way more offensive than anything in the MX5 thread. Harsh tbh.

My 20 month old son has experience in an MX5:

His exact words on the mx5: "CAAARRRRRRRRRR!"

blakep82

posted on 16/6/11 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
i'm sorry this all appears to be my fault for having an opinion. i won't do it again....

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 16/6/11 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell Blake... it's ALWAYS you!

Go and stand on the naughty step with just your underpants on!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 16/6/11 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
don't think i should, i mean i've had no experience of it before, so i don't know if its the right or wrong thing to do...

i mean imagine i said all rapists should be set free to free up space in prisons, or heroin is the best medicine! where would we be then? instead i said i don't see the appeal of mx5s, i didn't even say they were wrong! just its not something i've ever been interested in, much like heroine. i'm sure we'll all agree herion's bad, but how many of us here have tried it? lol i haven't so i can't have an opinion ha ha

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Steve Hignett

posted on 16/6/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there Blake,

I don't know that the OP's remarks were directed at you, but I'd bet a 2011 shiny 5p piece that if they were, then you are nowhere near the main culprit!

I have said the same a while back when I thought someone was posting a whole load of tosh for purely sensationalistic reasons.

And I've never been one to have much patience for the "Look at Meeee" type of person...

On the other hand, I've also commented on a thread where someone (as described above) would post something as a question, then when enough people had replied with decent answers, he'd say that they were all wrong and his way was the right way! Why ask in the first place then? Well, I know why, because he really didn't know the right way - and then he'd ask questions about something when working on other psople's stuff and therefore in a position of responsibility when it comes to their cars etc, yet the question and following argument was of the most fundamentally basic knowledge..........

Sometimes a rant is needed I guess?

scootz

posted on 16/6/11 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Naughty step... underpants!

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.