Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Any / Many Locosters In Cornwall?
greenwood03

posted on 22/6/11 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Any / Many Locosters In Cornwall?

a bunch of us from SKCC are doing a brekkie run down to Lands End on the 16th July, yep a daft idea given that the furthest lives in Ashford Kent!

Anyway, we're expecting to be in the Lands End area around 10.00, so if anyone fancies popping along shout out. I think 1 of the team has a plan for afterwards which involces us driving back a bit up the North Coast before we stop to take a bit of a chill before heading back home.

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

Daddylonglegs

posted on 22/6/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if Barry (Boggle) is still around on here? He might be interested.

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Scotty

posted on 22/6/11 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
there aint many of us down this far but please post a reminder closer the time and will be there to meet you

mark allanson is still here but i think boggle has moved london way, airhead is still building

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Airhead

posted on 22/6/11 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, Barry is in Kent now, I'm still buiding, well actually inbuilding a the moment. There are a few around but it's getting hold of them is the issue...

I've got a little black book with my poems in!

My build diary: http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk

bi22le

posted on 30/6/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ironic this post Mark, I am currently sitting in a static caravan near Padstow.

Very nice roads around here but they are very, very thin so you lot need to be careful. I know how you lot drive ( mad men like me!)!

Good luck. Thats a monster drive to get here for 10am. 5am start!??

I wont be up for that one, not unless there is a stay over planned.

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ashg

posted on 30/6/11 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
mark i know a few bods down there will get on the blower next week.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

greenwood03

posted on 1/7/11 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
well i've put an order in to the Sun Gods, because if there's any chance that it'll be wet and windy we won't be going!
Yep Wayne it's a bit off the wall i know, and possibly the next day we may regret it as we struggle to move our legs, but i do know someone who managed a shade under 800 miles in his 7 after missing his B+B stop due to dodgy sat nav directions....so its 'doable'........

Ash, don't spend too long on it, but if you do know anyone down there that fancies meeting up for brekkie etc....

Strontium Dog

posted on 1/7/11 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
If you want to stay over for a night you can all come and camp in my very large garden. Plenty of private parking as I'm on a private road. BBQ available or a pub that does OK nosh within a few mins walking distance. I just happen to live on Dartmoor with some fantastic and scenic roads too!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/7/11 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have to work until 1:00pm which may be a problem, I am trying to get out of it though!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 1/7/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I'm here, actually in Cornwall, not Devon, but full blown buy-to-die Cornwall.

It'd be great to meet some real live people, so let me know when/where/etc. You're welcome to come and chat chassis stuff, poking fun at what's on the build table. You'll find me in Bude.

Strontium Dog

posted on 1/7/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
I'm here, actually in Cornwall, not Devon, but full blown buy-to-die Cornwall.

It'd be great to meet some real live people, so let me know when/where/etc. You're welcome to come and chat chassis stuff, poking fun at what's on the build table. You'll find me in Bude.

I went to Duckpool beach last weekend! Used to live in Bude many many years ago. I come over sometimes in the summer so maybe I could drop in some time and say hi.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

greenwood03

posted on 1/7/11 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
SD thx for the offer of a bit of garden space, a kind thought but this time it's all about the 'there and back' ....next time however..........
will give an update a few days beforehand, in terms of where we expect to be/eaty/go afterwards........
Tony H one of our crew has been down that way a few times and i think he has a plan that involves brekkie a short throw from LE itself. And then a few gentle miles back to then stop off to chill........

be nice to see a face or two.......

Mark Allanson

posted on 16/7/11 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I had to work, how did it go, did the bad weather call it off?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

greenwood03

posted on 16/7/11 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
don't there's 6 severly peed off folks up this end who are sulking - yep we had to call it off, it wouldhave been stupid to do it in that weather, we could see that the weather front looked as if it would settle in the west all day - if it had been a question of showers we'd have done it, but not wall to wall rain. Up here it finally stopped raining around 4pm and since has just drizzled a few times. re-scheduling for the 2nd weekend in sept after the school hols.....

Mark Allanson

posted on 17/7/11 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Calendar marked, I'll make sure I get the time off this time.

Mark Allanson

posted on 8/9/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Is it still on for the second weekend in September?

greenwood03

posted on 8/9/11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
well i havent dare look at the forecast given what happened last time we were due to come down and also given how poor its been up here this week.......but yes, barring a final weather check tomorrow 4 of us will make the trek. Its a pity that a few of the original crew just cant make it this Saturday - but we ended up in a situation where just about every weekend someone had something on......
so if all is well the plan remains the same, meeting 2 pals at Clacketts at 03.50, meeting the furthest 'westerner' at 05.00 at Popham and cracking on.......
same idea as before - ( ish ) hit L/End, grab brekkie wherever i said vefore 9 i'm not the planner) and then have a bit of a drive for an hour or so and a good rest before heading for home......
the sausages better be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoping to be at LE for 09.30 give or take 20 mins.

Mark Allanson

posted on 8/9/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I live 50 yds east of the village of Crowlas on the A30, I will be on the look out!

greenwood03

posted on 8/9/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
sounds good Mark........stocking up tomorrow on haribos, red bull and mars bars - gonna need a sugar fix for that mileage.....

Mark Allanson

posted on 9/9/11 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
The weather is looking good for the morning at least!

Nash

posted on 9/9/11 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Well my car is ready and tucked up in her bed ready for my 3am wake the neighbours leave time. Sorry to all my neighbours but I will be as quiet as I can.

108 miles to the rallye point at Popham airfield from my house. SAT NAV says by the time I get home 714 miles.

Hope to see you at LE Mark C

I'll see you Mr G at Clackets at 3.50am Sir

.........Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

Mark Allanson

posted on 9/9/11 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
How many cars are in the convoy?

Triton

posted on 9/9/11 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a convoy in need of a cuppa so I might be persuaded to park the bus up and make tea.....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 9/9/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have parking for 20 cars and a BIG kettle!

greenwood03

posted on 9/9/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
wine gums - check, haribos - check, red bull - check....yep thats the pre-flight systems all done......
now all i need is a few hours kip before the witching hour........
guys you can find me on the morrow on 079 909 71015 - dont expect an answer mod blat though, still reckoning on being at LE for somewhere around 09.30, give or take 20 mins.
4 of us scheduled to run down, would havce had more in July but as usual other bits conspire to get in teh way....
hope to see a few faces.....
oh Triton, anychance you can sneak a low side narrow width away from your daughters place - need a replacement for one that i had off you 2 years back.........

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.