Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Keeping motivated.
focijohn

posted on 4/7/11 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Keeping motivated.

How do you guys keep your eyes on the end goal, when all you can think about is selling the whole lot on flea bay.
For one reason and another I can't stand the sight of it so much so I've bought another project to keep myself sane. I'm not going to sell it because I know I'll regret it but I NEED to get motivated again. HELP

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

Wheels244

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
John

Come up - I'll take you for a spin around the Yorkshire Dales in mine.
You'll be back building in no time !!

What's the other project out of interest ?

Hellfire

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you need to get a passenger ride to remind yourself why you're building it.

Phil

scoop

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Its a kit car! They dont come much easier and better than an MNR do they? Imagine the frustration of building a real Locost from scratch and trying make parts from other manufacturers fit and making bespoke parts to fit that dont exist elsewhere. Thats frustration
I know how you feel and so i would imagine do many others. Take a brake and then just get one job done at a time.

focijohn

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
The other project is a Jago purchased for £100 off a friend that just needs bolting back together and MOT Tax and insurance, I'm nearly there so thats kind of getting me back on it.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Wheels244

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Whereabouts are you in the build of the MNR ?
focijohn

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Rolling chassis W brakes diff in + fuel tank, Interior tunnel in and back. main body tub on. Engine and box sat in hopefully to be mounted right this month. Steering rack on awaiting lower UJ and top coupling from MNR. Going to order rear lights in the next few weeks and get those on the tub as well as getting and clutch starter and management bought and organised.

Wheels244

posted on 4/7/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by focijohn
Rolling chassis W brakes diff in + fuel tank, Interior tunnel in and back. main body tub on. Engine and box sat in hopefully to be mounted right this month. Steering rack on awaiting lower UJ and top coupling from MNR. Going to order rear lights in the next few weeks and get those on the tub as well as getting and clutch starter and management bought and organised.

You've certainly broke the back of the build John.
What engine are you fitting ?
If you can afford to - I would buy all the parts required to finish the build in one go.
Then break the rest of the work down into 'systems' i.e. the brakes - fit the master cylinders, lines,splitters, flexi's, calipers, discs, , pads etc and then that's one job you can cross off the list and then move onto the next one i.e. steering - fit the rack, column, UJs, bearings, steering wheel and so on...........

Confused but excited.

posted on 4/7/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoop
Imagine the frustration of building a real Locost from scratch and trying make parts from other manufacturers fit and making bespoke parts to fit that dont exist elsewhere. Thats frustration

No Dude, that's the appeal/interest/challenge. Buy hey, if you aren't up to it...........

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

focijohn

posted on 4/7/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
2L silvertop zetec with r1 throttle bodies spaced onto an st 170 manifold.

swanny

posted on 5/7/11 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
im not surprised your losing momentum.
looking at that avatar has kept me from work for the past half an hour.

richard

posted on 5/7/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
The end result is certainly worth the effort, but it not a normal car and what you are doing is likley to be bigger than anything you have done before.
it maybe be a ready made kit but still presents many challenges that will try you to the extreme.
Go ahead and get a ride in a passengers seat, get involved with a club and maybe you will get a bit of help from the locals as well, this helps as they have probably come across similar issues.
the kit you have bought to get you going is a good idea and should spur you onto greater things.
Richard

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.