Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where to buy clinch/riv nuts & m6 bolts??
lewis

posted on 5/7/11 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
where to buy clinch/riv nuts & m6 bolts??

hi all where is the best/cheapest place to buy M6x30mm button head bolts (pref in black) and M6 aluminium clinch/riv nuts?
mad-butcher

posted on 5/7/11 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Going by what I've read on here aluminium riv nuts are not the best type to be used with steel, Cheaper in bulk or by the box from local engineering suppliers.
from experience serrated ones are the best as they grip the tube/plate better and are easier to pull for fixing

tony

[Edited on 5/7/11 by mad-butcher]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob WM

posted on 5/7/11 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
As you can imagine I bought plenty of bolts thoughout my build. I am not sure if they are national but Pugh & Sanders were by far the cheapest suppliers of all things bolt! Black is usually called self coloured and liable to rust then you have Zinc plated which is the cheap silver one and 8.8 (self coloured are not a different strength so may have to check if you are using for structural work).

I used the ali rivnuts and I would agree that they are not the best especially if you plan on undoing any of the bolts in the future as the steel bolts can stick and then the whole rivnut just turns in the hole meaning you have to drill out and potentially have half a rivnut floating around in the chassis tube??

lewis

posted on 5/7/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.