Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: triumph tt600 mapping
Miks15

posted on 7/7/11 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
triumph tt600 mapping

Hey Guys,

Yesterday i set about upgrading the map on my tt600 to sort out the known issues with the early models. I have a 2000 model so has the very first map. I used the TuneECU program that you can find online and uploaded a new map to the bike. (i used the second version intially). This was all easy and done within in 5 minutes. I took it for a test ride and it had sorted alot of the little problems at the lower end of the rev range. However coming up to a junction it just died on me. Started straight back up and the ride back was fine. But again just dieing as soon as i pull up. I cant get the bike to idle on a new map. I tried the 3rd version aswell and gave the same issues.

So i ended up putting the 1st version back on the bike just so the thing would idle and not die at every junction. However now im back to stage 1 with the same issues the first map has. Has anyone got any ideas why it might not be idling on these new maps?

Cheers
Mikkel

sickbag

posted on 7/7/11 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I thought the dealers were tasked with updating the maps when they were first discovered to be wrong (under-statement). I know it's a bit late now but might be worth contacting one and ask them to upload their map.

Finally back on the job!

Miks15

posted on 7/7/11 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Well the tuneecu program that i have does just that. And most of the maps they have on the website are oem maps so i wouldnt make any difference. I just cant understand why it wont idle? when on no throttle it just kills it self.
MikeRJ

posted on 7/7/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Did you reset the TPS after downloading the new map?
Miks15

posted on 8/7/11 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Is this necessary? I might have another go over the weekend.

Another thing i noticed is that when on the diagnostics page of the program, the TPS shows 0% when not touching it which is fine, but when you crank it round to full throttle, it only shows around 65% is this normal? I expected that when i opened the throttle fully it would read 100%?

Cheers

MikeRJ

posted on 8/7/11 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
It can be needed after changing the map - this is definitely the case on the big triples (595/955) anyway. Have you signed up to the TriumphRat forums? They have a separate section for fuel injection tuning.
doddy

posted on 8/7/11 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
i have a load of speed four parts i thik there nearly the same if you need any form a 2002 bike
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Southern-Superbike-Spares/Triumph-Speed-Four-/_i.html?_fsub=1971386013&_sid=73183733&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

i could lend ypu the ecu to try if you wanted

[Edited on 8/7/11 by doddy]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/4x4wheels

Miks15

posted on 9/7/11 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replys guys,

I have signed up to the triumphrat forums but thought i check with the lcb'ers first as they seem to know everything, however will try the triumphrat forums now see if anyone has encountered the same issues.

Cheers Doddy,
I will see if i get anywhere with this first but thanks for the offer.

Mikkel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.