Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: multicar insurance
rj

posted on 18/7/11 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
multicar insurance

Has anyone got a multicar policy ? my MK insurance plus tintop insurance are both due next week, i did try the Admiral website but it didnt recognise the MK reg no.
jabbahutt

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
I dropped Admiral like a hot rock. Firstly they leave sendong out renewal docs till the last minute so you can't get an idea of the price and when it does turn up the prices are down right stupid.

example - 3rd party firre and theft renewal on an E plate Nova merit went from £120 to £357 in 1 year.

shop around for each car it'll probably be cheaper.

phoenix70

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help you with a multi car policy, but can tell you admiral won't touch your kit car on a Multi-car policy (at least they would when I ask about 2 years ago). I went with Admiral for a year with a multi-car policy, and the price was good, but when the renewal came through I walked as it was some stupid price. The only problem that left me with was insuring two cars at the same time with two seperate companies.

Cheers

Scott

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I had 2 cars on separate policies. Both quite high insurance group 16/17. I saved nearly 500 pounds by clubbing them in together on an admiral multi-car policy.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

matty h

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have a multi car policy with premium choice mk and gtm libra maybe worth a phone call.
http://www.premiumchoice.co.uk/
Matty

plentywahalla

posted on 18/7/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
I tried Admiral Multicar for my three cars (MG ZS, Merc SL, Discovery) and the quote was more than I am currently paying for all three individually.

Plus I would have had to cancel two policies mid term to bring renewal dates into line, and also get hit with one big bill every year instead of getting them spread out.

Its all marketing spin ... no real benefit. There is a real opportunity for an insurance company to make a killing when they finally realise that one person cannot drive three cars all at the same time!

Toltec

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
Plus I would have had to cancel two policies mid term to bring renewal dates into line, and also get hit with one big bill every year instead of getting them spread out.

It did not work like that when I switched to them, the initial quote on the first car was based on the premise that the other two would be brought in when their respective policies came up for renewal. The other two were then charged pro-rata on the terms left to bring them into sync with the first policy.

They also mirrored my no claims on to my second car which now shows on the renewal as an earned 15 years on both cars!

Gone up a chunk this year, but haven't they all?

They did not really want to touch the TVR, so that was covered on a separate policy for a quarter of the price, not surprised that they are not kit car friendly.

digiman

posted on 19/7/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth giving Footman James a call

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.