Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Amy Winehouse Dead!
Ben_Copeland

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Amy Winehouse Dead!

Amy Winehouse, who has died aged 27, was one of the most talented singer-songwriters of her generation, but struggled with substance abuse problems.

The Metropolitan Police said that officers were called to an address in Camden Square by London Ambulance Service shortly before 4.05pm after a woman was found dead

[Edited on 23/7/11 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

alistairolsen

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

who has died aged 27, was one of the most talented singer-songwriters of her generation, but struggled with substance abuse problems

Sounds Familiar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Personally for me the more concerning news is this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356

Which by my recollection is the biggest killing in the western hemisphere since 11/9/01

My Build Thread

snakebelly

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
A sad loss but no real surprise really
designer

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, I have no sympathy.

She was a 'good' singer, but no role model.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Yazza54

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Wasted talent, no surprise

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

shindha

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Sad loss really some of her music even an old fogey like me liked, nobody wants to be on drugs and nobody wants to see thier dear ones in the state drugs can put people into or loose them at such a young age.
Condolences to all her near and dear.

coozer

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
one of the most talented singer-songwriters of her generation,

Got be kidding right?? She couldn't shout shout coal without the recording studio!

Theres a MASSIVE Q of more talented peeps in front of her!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Hellfire

posted on 23/7/11 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
It's quite sad but she's been on self destruct for years...

Phil

lewis

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
If drug related then serves her right,no one made her take drugs,she was a junky
steve m

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Amy who ???
Ben_Copeland

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Got be kidding right?? She couldn't shout shout coal without the recording studio!

Just copied from news report....

Personally her music was ok, but not something i'd listen to that much

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

dlatch

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
was always going to end that way sadly
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slingshot2000

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

I am with Steve on this, definetely a +1 from me !

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Another dead junky, sadly its her family who will really suffer and add the media intrusion they will suffer on top of that. It is a terrible time for them.

On the flip side I'm sure all the junkies and dealers who enabled her will convince themselves they did nothing wrong and that she was some sort angel who was destined to die young.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Wadders

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Bollocks, i had my money on Pete Doherty

Ninehigh

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
As my missus said, anyone who is going to be writing about troubled times in their life will relive it every time, and the more famous (and thus more performances you do) there's going to be more desire to "have a little something to ease the pain"

Before you know it you drinking Jack by the bottle and snorting lines as long as the table, then your heart gives out.

Isn't that the same story with most of the troubled stars? Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain (ok he didn't OD but my point still stands)

britishtrident

posted on 23/7/11 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
No big surprise we live in a world where the less talent you have and the scummier you are makes you more likely to be a super star. Yes many great talents from Byron, all the way through Oscar Wilde, DH, Lawerence, T E Lawence, Hendrix and Joplin have lived alternative lifestyles but they had talent.

A couple of miles down the road from me a guy on bail from major drug deal charges died when he crashed his Scooby into a lamp post at high velocity it has been turned into a shrine --- nuff said.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/7/11 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
A couple of miles down the road from me a guy on bail from major drug deal charges died when he crashed his Scooby into a lamp post at high velocity it has been turned into a shrine --- nuff said.

I could almost live with that - in return for the knowledge that what is likely to be in excess of a million pounds will be saved in trying and then jailing that type of scum!!

As for Amy - no great loss as far as i'm concerned. 85 kids in Norway however............... Kinda puts the life and death of that junkie into perspective really

NigeEss

posted on 23/7/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
The sad thing is that her father was on a transatlantic flight as the anouncement was made. He probably
will be the last to find out.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Strontium Dog

posted on 23/7/11 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, I would have though a little more respect for someones passing would be in order. I don't care what or who she was but she has died and left loved ones! She was a person and I doubt she ever did any of you any harm even if she did hurt herself!

I too am moved by the events in Norway which should be more newsworthy and of note! This is a truly terrible thing that happened

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/7/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog
Hmm, I would have though a little more respect for someones passing would be in order. I don't care what or who she was but she has died and left loved ones! She was a person and I doubt she ever did any of you any harm even if she did hurt herself!

I'm afraid I like many have obviously have little respect for someone so hell bent on self destruction and who i'm sure in coming days will find didnt die a natural death. I do however feel for her family and loved ones.

This week other than the tragedy in Norway, we've seen 5 people seemingly murdered in a Stockport hospital. It is the likes of these victims who get my utmost respect and sympathies. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's my feelings

scootz

posted on 23/7/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Isn't that the same story with most of the troubled stars? Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain (ok he didn't OD but my point still stands)

Kurt Cobain always struck me as being incredibly vain and desperate for legendary status (despite himself and his many fans claiming the exact opposite!). He spoke of joining the '27 Club' since childhood... I'm just surprised he didn't shoot himself at 00:01 on the day of his 27th birthday for maximum dramatic effect!

As for Winehouse... can't deny that when she was on form, she was on fire! That said, hers was always going to be a dramatic demise such was the absolute chaos of her life.

It's Evolution Baby!

Andi

posted on 23/7/11 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog

I too am moved by the events in Norway which should be more newsworthy and of note! This is a truly terrible thing that happened

+1 on both counts

Andi

BenB

posted on 23/7/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
...Isn't that the same story with most of the troubled stars? Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain (ok he didn't OD but my point still stands)

Yes he did. He ODd on lead. Shamoan

DRC INDY 7

posted on 24/7/11 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
So if it was you're daughter or son that had died through drug/alcohol related problems you would be on here saying what a waste of space and that the person deserved to die ...........................

I do not think so. so why all the heartless coments about a person you only know through the media?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.