Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.6 cvh to 16v 4age?
makoto

posted on 30/7/11 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
1.6 cvh to 16v 4age?

Hi folks,

I have had it with the CVH giving me headache so it have to go. Would it a big job to replace CVH with 4age? What would i need to change to get the 4age up and running. The 4age have been sitting in the garage waiting to go in....... . Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

tul214

posted on 30/7/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
As per the previous thread, a belhousing will be requited to mate the 4age to the type 9. After that it depends what spark/fuel you have running the CVH. My 4age had Omex ignition/trigger whell for the sparks but you could run it through the original dizzy. Then the fueling, I made my own inlet manifold for a set of bike carbs (CBR600) and this worked well.
S'pose you will need engine mounts, but you could fab these yourself, and an exhaust manifold. I am sure there is a guy selling one on here. Other than that you may need senders etc but I would recommend the engine anyday.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Rosco

posted on 30/7/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I got my bell housing for 4AGE to Type 9 from RAW. It's a nice alloy piece and fitted first time. I'm sure others do them as well.

I think there were options of cable or hydraulic clutch - I went for cable but unfortunately this makes the bell housing wider on the driver side and on the Fury chassis this means you can't fit the engine as far back as you would with a hydraulic clutch.

Engine mounts are readily available; RAW, Fury.. others I'm sure.

makoto

posted on 6/8/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
1.6cvh to 4age

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I have the gearbox including fuel injection etc on the 4age. I think it would be easier go with carbs on it, what carbs is best
with the 4age? Also were can I can a manifold for the carbs?

Thanx

tul214

posted on 7/8/11 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
For the carbs mine originally had a set of 45 Dellorto's on a proper cast inlet manifold. I swapped this for a home made inlet manifold and CBR 600FX bike carbs. I would recommend the bike carbs any day, they will probably be cheaper and they felt smoother than the Dellortos. Any bike carbs from a 600cc bike or over would work.

For the inlet I had 'Shorttrack' on here laser cut the flange and then I shaped and welded the runners.
laser cut 4A-GE inlet flange
laser cut 4A-GE inlet flange

home made inlet
home made inlet

There are a few people on here that could do this for you...'FastDan' for one. I think he does them for other engines but I have never seen one for the 4a-ge but you could ask.

If you want to go the other way and use webbers or dellorto's, you will need to speak to RAW or Fensport, I think they do the inlet manifolds.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

tul214

posted on 9/8/11 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
more pics...
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.