Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorbike Speedo Magnet
Miks15

posted on 11/8/11 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Motorbike Speedo Magnet

Hey guys,

I believe the magent in my speedo sensor on my motorbike has broken but triumph will only sell yo the whole unit for around 100quid! I want a cheap fix so i was wondering if its possible to just replace the magnet. SO my thought is buy a random magent bigger than i need and cut it down to the right shape to fit the sensor housing and jobs a goodun.

But will the act of cutting and chopping this magnet about de magnetize it in anyway so that it still wont work? Also is there and end of the magnet which has to be a certain way in the sensor to work? I havent had the sensor off as it requires taking the wheel off etc and i ride it daily to work so havent had a look to see what it looks like inside yet but i have heard that its quite common for the magnets to break in 2.

Cheers

MikeRJ

posted on 11/8/11 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Is this from a TT600 or Daytona? If so the original magnet is made from ceramic, and it in the shape of a thin walled cylinder with notches cut out of one end. How would you cut a magnet to that shape, bearing in mind that the material is extremely hard and brittle?
Miks15

posted on 11/8/11 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
its a tt600 and

I was hoping it was a simple cuboid or cylinder shape or something that could easily be made.
Any other locost ideas for a fix?

MikeRJ

posted on 11/8/11 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-supersports/113173-speedo-sensor-magnet-replacement.html

http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/106296-broken-speedo-sender-fix-also-mod-for-05-wheels-on-early-model.html

[Edited on 11/8/11 by MikeRJ]

Miks15

posted on 11/8/11 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mike will take a look

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.