Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bogs at 3k
chris_psmith

posted on 20/8/11 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
Bogs at 3k

Just had a tune up on the car fitted with Ford 1660 X-Flow engine with an A2 cam. Now runs much better but bogs at 3k then takes off again and pulls strong after that.
Just had a quick word with the tune shop, suggested it may be due to the cam, thoughts anyone?

Chris

rusty nuts

posted on 20/8/11 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
What carbs,
chris_psmith

posted on 20/8/11 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Dellorto 40's

Chris

rusty nuts

posted on 20/8/11 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure but it may be down to the progression holes especially if they were secondhand and meant for something else. Just one of the reasons I didn't use twin 40s on my car and also why so many people are now using bike carbs
atspeed racing

posted on 20/8/11 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Progression holes have long since finished. This could be down to mixture enrichment being a little on the keen side and the main system a little on the rich side. If the timing at this point is on the right ball park I would suggest this could be your problem. I would not think the cam and its profile would be an issue at this high RPM.
Return to the dyno shop and get it checked, provided you dont go in with all guns blazing I am sure they would rather have a happy customer than one with a problem.
Alan

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.