Originally posted by aka_shortie
Looking good.

Thanks lots of work left to do

franky

posted on 22/8/11 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
any pics under the skin!?
StuartBJ

posted on 22/8/11 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
There will be soon.....not had chance to do any work on it since the body.
bi22le

posted on 22/8/11 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
I like the look of these. Would like to have a good sniff around one and with V12 Merc power, that will be bonkers!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

PeterV

posted on 22/8/11 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Looking real good

They be some big wheel arches and I see what you mean about the bigger front splitter. I already have trouble with my WLR’s big nose & splitter trying to get the thing in and out of the garage and driveway. Can imagine yours being even more of a laugh. Mind you other drivers never seem to get mad as I block the road while shoving lumps of wood under the front wheels and doing a 99 point turns. They are either comically bemused or totally taken aback by the sight of the car. Not looking forward to the ferry ramps or speed humps though

For me those rear aches finish the back of the car far better than the originals but not so sure about the fronts, probably just the pic angle, would be nice to see some more views to get a better idea of the latest mods / looks.

You got any idea of your final power output yet. I’m still fighting scary set up issues when I dial in 290-330BHP. It’s all much more manageable at 180-220BHP. I’m keeping the next phase of the tuning parts in their boxes until things get sorted and road legal. Due to go in for some more set up work soon so hopefully things will get better coz I’m running out of shreddies

Once that’s done it’s IVA time gulp!!

Keep up the fantastic work!

blakep82

posted on 22/8/11 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Love it can't wait to see videos of it running

quote:
Originally posted by PeterV
Looking real good

They be some big wheel arches and I see what you mean about the bigger front splitter. I already have trouble with my WLR’s big nose & splitter trying to get the thing in and out of the garage and driveway. Can imagine yours being even more of a laugh. Mind you other drivers never seem to get mad as I block the road while shoving lumps of wood under the front wheels and doing a 99 point turns. They are either comically bemused or totally taken aback by the sight of the car. Not looking forward to the ferry ramps or speed humps though

For me those rear aches finish the back of the car far better than the originals but not so sure about the fronts, probably just the pic angle, would be nice to see some more views to get a better idea of the latest mods / looks.

You got any idea of your final power output yet. I’m still fighting scary set up issues when I dial in 290-330BHP. It’s all much more manageable at 180-220BHP. I’m keeping the next phase of the tuning parts in their boxes until things get sorted and road legal. Due to go in for some more set up work soon so hopefully things will get better coz I’m running out of shreddies

have a look for posts by nitram89 (? i know its nitram something) he developed a hydraulic suspension system to fit on coilover shocks, between the spring and spring platform, or perhaps it replaced the platform, to allow raising the suspension. something i'll be looking at when my car's legal

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

PeterV

posted on 22/8/11 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
have a look for posts by nitram89 (? i know its nitram something) he developed a hydraulic suspension system to fit on coilover shocks, between the spring and spring platform, or perhaps it replaced the platform, to allow raising the suspension. something i'll be looking at when my car's legal

Cheers! I will go a searching, could save other road users the embarrassment of my builders bum

StuartBJ

posted on 22/8/11 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterV
Looking real good

Thanks Peter, glad you like it. I do prefer the modifications but apart from the spoiler which will be the new standard the arches are purely form following function. The basic platform power is 394-405 with reports of the being a slight underestimate but mine has a much larger intake and bigger tb's + new map and derestricted exhaust..... So it's anyones guess. I think 450 would be a reasonable guess but it would be nice to break the magic 500hp without forced induction at some point .......Time will tell.

Just having the joys of fitting the lights

Humbug

posted on 22/8/11 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
FYI chaps it's nitram38
PeterV

posted on 22/8/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yay Go for the 500BHP But get there with a very gentle right foot

So far I've found a hedge row and ditch that I'm sure were just not there before
This thing is real twitchy when the wheel alignment and camber are even slightly off. Also up to now I have had to have the ride height to high as my sump was at risk. With the new sump now fitted I'm able to get things lowered and get a softer set up. I'm just waiting for my little helpers to have some time so I can get things tweaked using some professional kit & know how.

Ahh light units, they do fit. Honest! With a little edge trimming and the use of long M5 bolts with mud washers to bend the unit into shape & position. Be brave they seem to bend and not break.

Thanks for the info Humbug.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.