Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megajolt-zetec wiring diagram
lewis

posted on 24/8/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Megajolt-zetec wiring diagram

Hi all,just had my megajolt delivered for my 2.0l blacktop zetec running zx6 bike carbs but am a bit overwhelmed by all the wires! Has anyone made a wiring diagram for this setup I could take a look at? I don't want to blow it up
mcerd1

posted on 24/8/11 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
all you could ever want to know about MJ and more: linky

-

wombat

posted on 24/8/11 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a great link, I am not at that stage yet but have saved it for future use !
Thx

lewis

posted on 24/8/11 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link,I love this forum
whitestu

posted on 24/8/11 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
This bit is important - you'll need to work out which connections from the TPS on your carbs go to the MJ. All you need is a multimeter to test them.

quote:

To hook up your throttle position sensor (TPS), disconnect the TPS, and use a digital multi-meter. Switch it to measure resistance. The resistance between two of the connections will stay the same when the throttle is moved. Find those two - one will be the +5 Vref and the other a ground. The third is the sense wire to the MegaSquirt® controller. To figure out which wire is the +5 Vref and which is the ground, connect your meter to one of those two connections and the other to the TPS sense connection.
If you read a high resistance which gets lower as you open the throttle, then disconnected wire is the one which goes to ground, the other one which had the continuous resistance goes to the +5 Vref from the MegaSquirt® EFI Controller, and the remaining wire is the TPS sense wire.

Stu

lewis

posted on 24/8/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks mate when I get to a position to wire it all up I'll take that into account. Lewis.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.