Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Modding a pickup
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 25/8/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Modding a pickup

How far can i go with modding a P100 pickup
I'm guessing changing the front suspension to a solid axle won't trigger an IVA, or will it???
What about shortening the chassis and bed? Anyone have any insight?

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

sprouts-car

posted on 25/8/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure any change to the chassis should require an iva. Think this will be the same from changing the suspension. Probably not the answer you were looking for. I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm or refute.

Build blog

Humbug

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Shortening the chassis definitely means you are not using the original unaltered chassis so would need IVA IMHO.

Changing the suspension should be OK as long as it is just bolted to the chassis.

snakebelly

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
As I understand it the key to suspension mods is that you have to use the original chassis mounts anything outboard of the mounts is fair game, just my interpretation
HowardB

posted on 26/8/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
I would ask this question in a Land Rover forum, there are hundreds of shortened Land Rovers about all on the original V5, often changed engines, suspension etc.

If my memory serves me correctly there is a points system for how much can be changed before it is not the original vehicle,...

hope that helps

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

FEZ1025

posted on 31/8/11 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
I would ask this question in a Land Rover forum, there are hundreds of shortened Land Rovers about all on the original V5, often changed engines, suspension etc.

If my memory serves me correctly there is a points system for how much can be changed before it is not the original vehicle,...

hope that helps

Or over in a Mini forum, on those forums anything goes, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't get caught. There are bike engined Mini's, rear engined Mini's, 4WD Mini's none, if any have been through SVA/IVA.

Alan...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.