Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP!! My PC just blew up!!
matt.c

posted on 26/8/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
HELP!! My PC just blew up!!

ARSE!

Yesterday i got my new logitech g27 wheel and today my pc just spat its dummy out!!

It wont even boot up and just makes a loud fan noise and beeps alot.

What do i do? Its a dell.

I just want a pc to use for games like lfs. Can i just buy a more powerfull tower and still use the dell moniter and keybord?

It wasnt that great before because it didnt like games much.

What tower would be suitable and powerfull enough to play games on? Can one be built to my specs?

Sorry but when it comes to computers im a complete idiot!

[Edited on 26/8/11 by matt.c]

iank

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Best to talk/u2u with graememk, he's very helpful when it comes to PC's - you you can spec for your needs and will be able to keep monitor and probably the keyboard.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

RichardK

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you can use your existing monitor/keyboard/mouse etc and just get a tower, ccl are pretty good, Linky

Just get the best you can afford, it should stay current longer.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
get your self a cheap bundle from overclockers or novatech .. put it together your self and use the dell monitor and keyboard .
you might want to upgrade your power unit to at least a 600w and maybe a new graphics card , the gtx560 ti will last you a few years and its not super expensive

matt.c

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OX
get your self a cheap bundle from overclockers or novatech .. put it together your self and use the dell monitor and keyboard .
you might want to upgrade your power unit to at least a 600w and maybe a new graphics card , the gtx560 ti will last you a few years and its not super expensive

I struggle to turn it on let alone build one

matt.c

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
I would like to get something this weekend so what about the pc's from pc world, comet etc

iank

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt.c
I would like to get something this weekend so what about the pc's from pc world, comet etc

I wouldn't personally, not for a games machine as they cut corners on their affordable machines.

Try http://www.callright.co.uk/ which isn't too far away from you (see my post above for a hint why )

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

BenTyreman

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Check the USB ports aren't broken where you plugged in the wheel. Sometimes the plastic support gets broken and the metal pins short out. Disconnecting the USB port or straightening out the pins usually fixes this.
britishtrident

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
From your description of the symptoms it sounds like either a short or the power pack, if is a short the prime suspects are either a USB device short or a screw or other bit of metal ratting around in the case. If it is the power pack then just drop a new power pack in --- they aren't exactly expensive.
RichardK

posted on 26/8/11 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Its a dell so may not take a standard psu Sounds like a fried cpu to me though

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 26/8/11 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
you are welcome to bring it over mat, i open the shop at 9.30 Saturdays, i'll see if i can sort any magic on it for you, thank you for the plug iank.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.