Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how much for redtop conversion
tigertom

posted on 1/9/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
how much for redtop conversion

have a chance at buying a tiger six kit car (needs tidying up and work to make it road worthy) for 1400,just for the
engine.would make a transplant extremely easy.how much would a conversion cost if i was to buy the parts
individually.i'm just after a comparison to see is it cost effective to buy a whole car.

MikeRJ

posted on 1/9/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
If the car is registered and able to be put on the road then it should be pretty easy to sell the rest on.

In terms of cost to buy and fit a red top to your own car, I suspect it wouldn't work out any cheaper. The bellhousing is around £200+vat with the various bolts your need. An exhaust manifold would probably be around £150-£200 for a cheap one, much more for a decent one. A new set of throttle bodies and an ECU would cost a small fortune, at least £1000 and probably more. You could get a s/h set of DCOEs for rather less, but you'd need something to run the ignition either the bodge of using a Cavalier distributor or a stand alone ignition ECU.

I suppose you could run the standard fuel injection and ignition system, but it's large and bulky and will likely need big bonnet bulges etc.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.