Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AGM WLR V12 - August Update, "Let there be light".... and a quick release steering wheel, gear knob etc
StuartBJ

posted on 4/9/11 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
AGM WLR V12 - August Update, "Let there be light".... and a quick release steering wheel, gear knob etc

So what have I been up to.....?

Over the past couple of weekends I have managed to squeeze in the following build activities.

1) Quick release steering wheel (Really like this)
2) Hidden push button starter
3) Rear LED Lights
4) Fitting the front projector headlighs and associated pods
5) Painting the splitter bracketry, final fit and testing the dual fans

So here is a few pics of the new rear...... the outer clear rings surrounding the dual indicators are the stop and tail lights (which turn red) while the inner units are the reflector and reverse lights.

Fittings the rear units was relitivly easy.... and I think they look fantastic.

Then we come to the front projector lights and pods...... I wouldn`t say it was overly difficult but you have to position, adjust, trim, drill, adjust, reposition, screw, adjust, more trimming....paint, then adjust ......well you get my point, but it`s sure worth the effort. The units them selves are adjusted via 3 screws with internally locking "clips" to adjust the x and y axis with the full beam also having a swivel function.

As I`ve been spending a lot of time in close proximaty to the body I have come to the conclusion that she needs a paint job.....I good rub down and a nice gloss black top coat and those mahoosive wheels will need a refirmb.

[Edited on 4/9/11 by StuartBJ]

stevebubs

posted on 4/9/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hate to say it but the front light pods are something that really put me off this style of car. However I do concede it's probably the most difficult bit of styling given the shape

Can you paint the pods black so they don't stand out so much?

Alternatively, what would they look like redone "tunnelled individually" as per a late Cerbera

stevebubs

posted on 4/9/11 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
PS the rest of the car looks fantastic....keep up the good work....
StuartBJ

posted on 4/9/11 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Fella. Yes I can paint them black. In fact they came as a gel coat black (which needed painting) and I have just sprayed them chrome (to get as much light as possible....... what I had planned to do is install the persex cover and see how they look, not a big job eitherway.....or I could tint the persex cover with some black film (after IVA of course).
StuartBJ

posted on 4/9/11 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
Hate to say it but the front light pods are something that really put me off this style of car. However I do concede it's probably the most difficult bit of styling given the shape

Can you paint the pods black so they don't stand out so much?

Alternatively, what would they look like redone "tunnelled individually" as per a late Cerbera

Hmmm not a fan of the tvr shape (light pods that it, love the car), not because of the appearance..... its the aero aspect, in the back of my mind I would always be think "drag".

Is that your TVR?

[Edited on 4/9/11 by StuartBJ]

stevebubs

posted on 4/9/11 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Nah...was the first one that popped out when I put cerbera into google.

Tinting the covers to be bodywork colour may be an idea...

Love the concept of sticking that V12 in there....looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at a show when complete!

mads

posted on 4/9/11 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
very nice indeed. coming along nicely

agree with stevebubs about the lights though. it looks kind of like aftermarket lights that you see on the boyracer cars rather than being part of the original design of the car.

can i ask, where did you get the rear LED lights from?

[Edited on 4/9/11 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

StuartBJ

posted on 4/9/11 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Once the lenses are on I'll see what effect that has on the lights..... The "chrome" is purely functional in this case to reflect as much light as possible. Once it's ready I'll see what it looks like tinted.

The lights are from the "ultrabright" range from http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/

[Edited on 5/9/11 by StuartBJ]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.