Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Facet Fuel Pump
myke pocock

posted on 8/9/11 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Facet Fuel Pump

I have a Facet fuel pump on my trials car. Its the one that looks like a cube. It has a Facet inline filter fitted. How do I clean the filter or does it need replacing every now and then?
Dusty

posted on 8/9/11 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
You can't clean them and they do block leading to fuel starvation which is difficult to trace. (Well I found it difficult to trace.) Replace the filter with a screw in union and add a cheapo plastic in-line filter.
02GF74

posted on 8/9/11 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
I have on in my Land Rover and it has on more than one occassion clogged up causing fuel starvation.

To fix, simply unscrew and then tap the filter end on a piece of wood 14 times and watch the debris fall out, refit and continue driving.

They are quite expensive but I picked up a couple cheap in Walmart (when I was in US) as they fit to some US car - dunno which one.

atspeed racing

posted on 8/9/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Replace the inline facet fuel filter and also add a plastic in line filter. This will keep the larger debris out of the micro filter and pump. You should not run this type of pump without a micro filter.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.