Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dales Farm... What's Gonna Happen?
scootz

posted on 20/9/11 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Dales Farm... What's Gonna Happen?

Will they... won't they... are you bovvered... ???

[Edited on 20/9/11 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

flibble

posted on 20/9/11 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
If they don't I`ll go and buy a nice acre of greenbelt for 10k and start building houses....
scootz

posted on 20/9/11 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ah... but I assume you aren't a gypsy or a traveller. Your local authority and the courts will be much less sympathetic to your situation. I predict you would be forcibly removed from your site within a couple of months and the area flattened (at your cost)!

The only positive is that Vanessa Redgrave is unlikely to spring to your defence

It's Evolution Baby!

flibble

posted on 20/9/11 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Is anyone who lives in a caravan called a gypsy in the eyes of the law or do you have to have x generations of family do the same or some other special circumstance/ability (such as being able to lay tarmac drives 1/2" thick)?
omega 24 v6

posted on 20/9/11 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Send in the dozers if they wanna be protected by the law they need to live by the law. Simples.

ETA if they get away with it then Gilmore from pink floyd should take the governmeny to court for victimisation/discrimination

[Edited on 20/9/11 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Benzine

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting read about the history of Dale Farm here, worth a read: http://www.annaraccoon.com/politics/is-it-‘cos-i’s-victimised/
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zilspeed

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Do you like dags ?

AndyW

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
dags?
zilspeed

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, yaknow dags ?

D'ya like dags ?

David Jenkins

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps all these rich folks who care so much for the travellers' welfare should find them a plot of land near to their own houses, and invite all the travellers over...

Anyway - if they are 'travellers' - why do they want to stay in one place? Why don't they travel?

[Edited on 20/9/11 by David Jenkins]

zilspeed

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Dags !

BigFaceDave

posted on 20/9/11 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Yeah, yaknow dags ?

D'ya like dags ?

I like dags, I like caravans better.

On a serious note I have been past alot of fields on the way home that the farmers have started blocking the entrances to stop them pitching up there. The problem with kicking them off is they are going to go somewhere else and it doesnt change the problem it just moves it along to somewhere else. Im not saying dont kick them out but they have to go somewhere..... A bit of a case of not in my back garden really.

A bit worrying that there was a small camp set up near us at work about 6 weeks ago and one night after working late I went past there site - 18 caravans but only 3 transits! Wonder where the rest were?!

myke pocock

posted on 20/9/11 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2038299/Dale-Farm-eviction-Travellers-homes-Ireland-NOT-homeless.html?ITO=1490

Makes interesting reading eh!!!

Ninehigh

posted on 20/9/11 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flibble
If they don't I`ll go and buy a nice acre of greenbelt for 10k and start building houses....

Damn right, and I shall keep this as precedent that "planning permission" doesn't mean squat and it would be racist of the government/council to remove it

D Beddows

posted on 20/9/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Anyway - if they are 'travellers' - why do they want to stay in one place? Why don't they travel?
[/quote

and not just stay in one place - actualy build proper bungalows.........

BenB

posted on 20/9/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd put up a 100 foot wall round the illegal buildings with a one way door.

Siege mentality mofo

morcus

posted on 20/9/11 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I never got how you could claim to be a traveller and live in the same static caravan/hut for ten years. I've lived in four propperties in that time on 3 different streets and two different countries so by that logic I must be some sort of super traveller.

The idea that you should be able to do something illegal because your ancestors did it is stupid and if this set president we should all go and trace our famillies trees back till we find simillar excuses.

they mostly seem to Irish so if we left the EU we could deport them.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 20/9/11 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Personally I'd put up a 100 foot wall round the illegal buildings with a one way door.

Siege mentality mofo

Fill it with the last stocks of 4 star and set it on fire?

rusty nuts

posted on 20/9/11 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
They will all end up in Cottenham at another illegal site! Apart from the idiot with the concrete filled oil drum , he can't move very far!
bmseven

posted on 20/9/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
They can all go and live in the bloody great big houses they already own in Southern Island

Bloody dirty thieving, tax evading, fly tipping Do As You Likey Pikey's

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

phelpsa

posted on 20/9/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Siege mentality mofo

We had a similar idea. Much easier to keep them out peacefully than to turf them out peacefully. Wall them in, when someone leaves (as they inevitably will) dont let them back in.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mrwibble

posted on 20/9/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:

Siege mentality mofo

We had a similar idea. Much easier to keep them out peacefully than to turf them out peacefully. Wall them in, when someone leaves (as they inevitably will) dont let them back in.

ahh but that would be against their human rights

David Jenkins

posted on 20/9/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I think that this sums it up nicely:

TheDailyMash

Sadly, it's an accurate bit of irony...

russbost

posted on 20/9/11 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Count yourself lucky chaps - they're 5 miles down the road from me - I just hope when they finally are moved (as inevitably they will be) they don't come any nearer!
Personally I think they should be uinvited to camp (in bungalows of course) in Vanessa Redgraves garden.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Simon

posted on 20/9/11 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
So pikeys are very capable of turning a green field site to brown so why not give them a brown field site to start with.

As for this lot, perhaps a daisy cutter. Ah, the oirony (sic) is in the name

ATB

Simon

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.