Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rover v-8 breather hoses
caber

posted on 24/9/11 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
rover v-8 breather hoses

I have a problem trying to find new rocker cover breather hoses for my range rover v8. I have tried the Land over suppliers who tell me these are no longer available and RPI who say they don't supply these as parts. anyone know wher to get a set or at least the formed 90degree sections that come off the rocker cover itself?

Help!

Caber

tomgregory2000

posted on 24/9/11 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
I might be worth sending these guys an email
Paul (Notts)

posted on 24/9/11 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Is this what you want?

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-ERC9116A

Paul

MkIndy7

posted on 24/9/11 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Or being Locostbuilders a 3/4" overflow pipe elbow painted black fits onto the flame trap, keeps things nice and tight and then normal hose from there.
v8kid

posted on 24/9/11 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ideal opportunity for an upgrade as these engines are well known for being heavy breathers! I drilled out mine and tapped them 3/4" pipe thread and used a brass elbow to give a horizontal outlet. Same both sides.

As the elbows are heavy things and there is little pressure involved I bored out the elbows and cut off the hexagons halving the weight and increase the gas flow. 1" clear pipe fits over the resulting stub IIRC - can't be arsed going to look! Remember to angle the pipes upwards initially so the oil flows back into the rocker cover and not into the catch tank. You must use large bore pipe to make the speed of the gas flow low to allow the oil to condense out and flow back.

Feed the pipes into an individual catch tank - I used tesco aluminium cycle water bottles with the logo's removes - looks dear!

No probs with breathing now where before there were fumes everywhere

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
caber

posted on 25/9/11 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks folks, I can't get the right parts through any of the Land Rover people as they are not available in the supply chain. I guess I will have to improvise

Caber

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.