Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RC bodywork on Haynes chassis?
Nickp

posted on 29/9/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
RC bodywork on Haynes chassis?

Hi,

I've got the chance of a set of bodywork (rear panel, scuttle, nose cone etc) from a Ron Champion chassis. Might be a daft question, but can any (or all) of it be made to fit my Haynes Roadster chassis?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

wylliezx9r

posted on 29/9/11 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Anything can be made to fit with enough effort. However the Ron champion chassis is narrower than the haynes so most of the panels would have to be cut and shut. Not something i'd fancy taking on

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Nickp

posted on 29/9/11 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ta fella, don't think I'll bother then
AndyGT

posted on 29/9/11 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, but maybe some other folks on here might be interested in this fitting kit. So is it possible to share you sources?

Thanks
Andy

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 29/9/11 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyGT
Just a thought, but maybe some other folks on here might be interested in this fitting kit. So is it possible to share you sources?

Thanks
Andy

Of course, seemed a bargain and just down t'road from me-

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Triton

posted on 30/9/11 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
It's a lot of work to make it wider and still look right, you would end up with a better looking car if you bought panels that were designed to fit the Haynes chassis. There are two frims offering panels that fit the Haynes chassis, one is 3 to 4 years old the other is an all new fresh shape but still a seven

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 30/9/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
There are two frims offering panels that fit the Haynes chassis, one is 3 to 4 years old the other is an all new fresh shape but still a seven

And they are?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.