Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust
001Ben

posted on 4/10/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust

I got my new silencer delivered today and it just touches the side panel. I don't really want to modify the rest of the setup at the moment. Currently i have no pegs or straps to attach the silencer to the car and was thinking of welding a nut to the back of the box and then bolting from the inside of the car . That way it pushes it out ( it will move a little) andalso bolts it in place, can anyone see any problems with this setup???

paulf

posted on 4/10/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
You will need some sort of rubber mount to absorb the vibration other wise the silencer or side panel will split sooner or later.Maybe you could get away with a rubber grommet with a couple of washers in the side panel or something similar.
Paul

johnemms

posted on 5/10/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

MikeRJ

posted on 5/10/11 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
If you weld a nut directly to the body of the silencer and support the silencer from it, the metal around the nut will crack pretty quickly. You'd also want to attach the other side of the support to a chassis rail rather than a GRP or alloy panel.
001Ben

posted on 5/10/11 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
thankls for the replies guys. Cheers for the photo too John, didnt even think about using the tailpipe a design like that would probably work

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.