Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA - Good service shocker..........
rb968

posted on 6/10/11 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA - Good service shocker..........

OK so this refers to my other thread here

Sent a rather long letter of complaint yesterday first class to Carlisle to the office manager.........

11am this morning get a call from the Customer Services Manager saying she has had my letter, offering her sincere apologies for the treatment. If I send her a cheque for payment of registration and tax she will see to it that it gets registered straight away.

Confirmed I was getting a Q Plate and said that she will be having words with the member of staff in question.

Excellent stuff and rather in contrast to her colleague who dealt with me or rather was too busy to.

Cheque is in the post so here's hoping a tax disc will be winging its way to me in the near future.

Celebratory beer in order I think!

Rich

Bluemoon

posted on 6/10/11 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cool looks like you should get it sorted much quicker than I did, don't hold your breath mind...

Dan

myke pocock

posted on 6/10/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
As some will know, I too had 'dealings' with Carlisle DVLA. I took it to my MP and eventually got two letters from the DVLA Head of Customer Service and Compliance. Why two? Well he didnt address my issues directly in the first!!!
To quote from the second letter dated 20/7/2009. "As a direct result of your complaint I have asked for a reminder to be issued to all staff concerned, advising them of the correct procedure to be followed when dealing with similar circumstances. They have also been reminded of the importance of keeping customers informed of instances where delays may occur". In addition "I hope that we can put this regretable incident behind us, and trust that any further dealings you may have with the Agency and with Carlisle LO in particular will leave you in a far more favourable impression of our operation". So in a nutshell, they may look after me in the future but sod anyone else although you look to have got some sort of personal recognition now Dan. Good on you.

rb968

posted on 8/10/11 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
And finally......

Got my tax disc and reg number through the post today from the customer services manager who was good to her word and registered my car straight away.

Just goes to show they can do it when they want to.

Plates made up and fitted. Tax disc older on........and its pissing it down.

Hoping to get first run out tomorrow, nearly three years in the making!

Rich

40inches

posted on 8/10/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rb968
And finally......

Got my tax disc and reg number through the post today from the customer services manager who was good to her word and registered my car straight away.

Just goes to show they can do it when they want to.

Plates made up and fitted. Tax disc older on........and its pissing it down.

Hoping to get first run out tomorrow, nearly three years in the making!

Rich

Only 3 years You don't hang about do you?

obr_technology

posted on 9/10/11 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Haha, bloody typical.
mrwibble

posted on 9/10/11 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
well done, such a shame systemic and institutional attitude failures are so prevalent. is it any wonder the sympathy for public servants is very low at this current moment in time.

quite what beats the pride out of people in doing a good job without an attitude that its all too much trouble is beyond me.

[Edited on 9/10/11 by mrwibble]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.