New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RANT... http://www.christies-kitchens.co.uk/
jossey

posted on 11/10/11 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
RANT... http://www.christies-kitchens.co.uk/

I keep getting calls from this number 08458940557

its www.christies-kitchens.co.uk/
Christies Kitchens (UK) Ltd

They keep swearing if you tell them your on TPS and last call i told them im busy they said why you at home then......

Getting really p**sed off with this company i now have their address and im thinking off sending them a few tons of sand on there doorstep of something. its getting beyond a joke.....

GRRRRRRRRrrrrrr

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 11/10/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Complain to BT (or whoever your service provider is). Tell them that you're getting offensive calls - emphasise the 'offensive' bit - they're obliged to assist you (for a while).

BT also offer a call screening service - at a cost - where you can block calls from up to 10 (I think) specific numbers.

[Edited on 11/10/11 by David Jenkins]

jossey

posted on 11/10/11 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
cheers :O)

just send TPS and ofcom a compaint about them.

Thanks

David Johnson

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 11/10/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
is it the same person calling? if you get their name, and company address, set them up for all sorts of dodgy stuff, sex toy catalogues, a BNP info pack, register their interest with a few other companies, with their phone number etc. won't really solve much, but its fun

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

TimEllershaw

posted on 11/10/11 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
A quick Google for the number says you are not alone :

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08458940557

A few suggestions that if you ring the 0800 630 0054 number from their web site you may be able to get through to a more helpful person, and get removed from their call list.

We had a phase of similar calls (different company). Really annoying.

tim.

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

jossey

posted on 11/10/11 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
cheers :O)

Thanks

David Johnson

BenB

posted on 11/10/11 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw

A few suggestions that if you ring the 0800 630 0054 number from their web site you may be able to get through to a more helpful person, and get removed from their call list.

tim.

At the very least because it's a freephone number it won't cost you anything to ring them 10 times a day asking to be taken off their list. If that doesn't work I'd go for ten times an hour. Fight fire with fire At their expense.

blakep82

posted on 11/10/11 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw

tim.

At the very least because it's a freephone number it won't cost you anything to ring them 10 times a day asking to be taken off their list. If that doesn't work I'd go for ten times an hour. Fight fire with fire At their expense.

people used to try that at the bank when i worked there (if they wanted something done, and they thought they'd put the pressure on, thinking it would get done quicker lol) didn't work, because it won't keep going through to the same person, so phoning them 10 times an hour bother them in the slightest!

if they phone you again, and if they ask for you by name, tell them you died this morning, wait 3 seconds then whisper "I killed him!"

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

bbwales

posted on 11/10/11 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
I had the same problem with a double glazing company, they phoned everyday for weeks until I said yes I want some windows, doors etc, they sent out a rep some 100 miles for him, he looked at the house and said "I can't help but notice that you have double glazing, doors, plastic soffits and bargeboards and you have a conservatory" I said "I am glad you can see all those because the people at your switchboard won't believe me and keep phoning me so please tell them to get me off their list or I will only call another rep out.".... worked a treat, never had a call since.

Bob

ashg

posted on 11/10/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
with window companies just tell them its a basement flat. for the kitchen ones tell them its a bedsit.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Neville Jones

posted on 11/10/11 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Worst callers are the 'Nigel from Mumbai' types.

A lot of companies contract these indian call centres to get around british law. It is illegal for uk compnies to cold call from uk numbers. Some may need reminding of this.

Cheers,
Nev.

Confused but excited.

posted on 11/10/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
^ yep!
TPS doesn't work for foreign calls, neither does anonymous call barring. Which is why I have just had this cancelled after having a row with BT.
An IT company kept calling. When I called their Uk office the guy went mental. Some Indian outfit was using his details to give their website and calls credibility. They are slowly destroying his legitamate business.
What can he do about it? NOWT!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Moorron

posted on 11/10/11 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
I got so annoyed by calls like this i put the downstairs phone on silent and the upstairs on on the quitest setting. This way i know when someone is calling but it doesnt get in the way of the TV or such, i find that if its important they ring my mobile or send a letter.

We only have a home phone as its cheaper for our TV package if we take it as a bundle.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

HowardB

posted on 11/10/11 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
as many of these company callers are sales and in this instance under extreme pressure to sell, have a little sympathy,... wait for it,....

chat away, ask how they are, perhaps see if they enjoyed the weekend, maybe even offer them some religious advice, and when they turn the conversation back to their product, you get to bring it back to trivia,... and then at some point explain how it was so lovely to hear from them again, and it's been such a long time and you do get a little lonely, and ask them to call again when they want a chat.

Most of these people don't have the time for a chat, and you can almost hear them getting more and more wound up, and you remain calm and relaxed,.....

chill,...

[Edited on 11/10/11 by HowardB]

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

gavin174

posted on 11/10/11 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
When they ring just say " I will just get them........."
Put the phone down on the side and walk off.
If you want to be really cruel, every now and again say
"There just coming... Won't be long..........."
And see how long you can keep them there

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

Proby

posted on 11/10/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I always put my 4 year old on the line, she chats there head off, and you can hear the caller asking is your mummy or daddy there, they get fed up before her and usually hang up!
Ninehigh

posted on 11/10/11 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
When they ring just say " I will just get them........."
Put the phone down on the side and walk off.
If you want to be really cruel, every now and again say
"There just coming... Won't be long..........."
And see how long you can keep them there

Was going to suggest this. Apparently you quickly go on a list to never be called by them as it costs them for nothing

swanny

posted on 11/10/11 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Tell them it's a rented house

Humbug

posted on 11/10/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbwales
I had the same problem with a double glazing company, they phoned everyday for weeks until I said yes I want some windows, doors etc, they sent out a rep some 100 miles for him, he looked at the house and said "I can't help but notice that you have double glazing, doors, plastic soffits and bargeboards and you have a conservatory" I said "I am glad you can see all those because the people at your switchboard won't believe me and keep phoning me so please tell them to get me off their list or I will only call another rep out.".... worked a treat, never had a call since.

Bob

Excellent! I must remember that one

owelly

posted on 11/10/11 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
I just talk in my best Spanish/Glaswegian/Geordie/Oompa-lumpa accent and occasionally drift into my Welsh/Indian accent. After a few minutes of not understanding a word you're saying, they hang up. Hours of fun.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

David Jenkins

posted on 11/10/11 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
Tell them it's a rented house

I was going to post something similar - it's what a friend does. You need to say something like "actually, it's not my house - you'll have to talk to the landlord about it - but he's a tight-fisted so-and-so" etc. etc.

Apparently the salesmen can't get off the phone quick enough!

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/10/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Phone the company ask to speak to the director in charge of advertising. Tell him you going to call the sun newspaper and spill the lot to them. They'll love it and the business will get lots of press advertising ( thats why your telling him )

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.