Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: South Brum Christmas Dinner Meet
omega0684

posted on 22/10/11 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
South Brum Christmas Dinner Meet

Hi All,

As discussed at the last meet we will be having the South Brum Christmas Dinner at 'The Boat Inn', Catherine-De-Barnes. The Christmas Dinner and December meet will be combined as one. The venue is offering a 3 course Christmas meal for £17.99 per person. The menu is as follows;

Starters

1) Cauliflower & Tickler soup - Cauliflower and potato soup with tickler cheddar and a crusty roll.
2) Prawn Cocktail - A traditional prawn cocktail (Lettuce/King Prawns/Seafood Sauce) Finished with 2 Japanese Breaded Prawns and crusty bloomer
3) Mushroom and Spinach Tartlet - (dressed with rocket salad and homemade sweet potato crisps)
4) Mini Turkey Pie - Short crust pastry turkey and vegetable pie, served with a spoonful of honey-crushed carrots , cranberry sauce and a splash of gravy.

Main Courses

1) Traditional Roast Turkey - Served with roast & mash potatoes, winter vegetables, pigs in blankets, sage and onion stuffing, Yorkshire puds and gravy.
2) Grilled Sea bass - Served with sautéed onions, green beans, roast potatoes & tomato & basil sauce.
3) Rib of Beef - Served with roast & mash potatoes, winter vegetables, sprouts, Yorkshire puds & a rich red wine sauce.
4) Vegetable Wellington - Butternut squash, spinach, mushrooms, cashews and chestnuts, with brie and cranberry, baked puff pastry. Served with sautéed onions, green beans, roast potatoes & 'tomato & basil' sauce.

Puddings

1) Christmas Pud - served with a hot brandy sauce
2) Irish cream Meringue Yule log - Yule log flavoured with Irish cream & extra thick cream
3) Winter fruit crumble - winter fruit topped with a cinnamon crumb, served with custard
4) Yuletide Mess - Crushed meringue nests folded in whipped double cream, with rich black cherry compote and fresh raspberries.

Provisionally, the dinner will be booked for Monday the 5th December (this will be dependant on restaurant availablity).

If you would like to join us for the Meal, i will need your meal selection & a £5 non-refundable deposit (restaurant terms, not mine) by Monday the 7th of November.

For any further info please u2u me

All the best

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 24/10/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as noone has replied to this as probably wondering who (if anyone is going). Myself and Rachael will be present.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

peteday_uk@btinternet.com

posted on 25/10/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I will be there, however Emma will be in Germany so won't be able to make it.

Alex I need to get some money to you Lee Evans and the Deposit. Txt me you bank details and I'll get the money over to you.

See you all after holiday's..............

Pete.

omega0684

posted on 27/10/11 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
We have about 6 so far, keep them coming people. Pete, we'll sort out money later mate, don't fret.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BATHO

posted on 28/10/11 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, me and Marie will be present to....
omega0684

posted on 30/10/11 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BATHO
Hi, me and Marie will be present to....

let me know what you want off the menu!

dave-69isit

posted on 30/10/11 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
meeting

sorry for late reply my pc went down when is the next meeting can pay deposit then x2
omega0684

posted on 2/11/11 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

The November meet will be on the 7th of November. Usual place and time, I don't know whether i'll be there though as im having eye surgery on the 4th and i don't know what my vision will be like or whether i'll be able to drive.

At Martin: If i'm not able to make it, could you collect the money for the deposits please, as your the one that lives closest to me and i could pop over to yours later in the week.

Cheers

Alex

mads

posted on 5/11/11 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
I should be there... hope all has gone well with your eye surgery Alex.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

BATHO

posted on 6/11/11 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
see ya tomorrow

posted on 19/11/11 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Alex

Emma isn't going to Germany so would like to come to the Christmas meal. I have sent you a u2u.

Pete.

omega0684

posted on 22/11/11 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
ok guys, just an up date on the christmas meet. i made the preliminary booking and paid deposit this afternoon. so far i have the following attendees

Alex - Paid
Mads - Paid
Rachel - Paid
Martin - Paid
Marie - Paid
Claire - Paid
Pete - Not Paid (don't worry i have paid your deposit)
Emma - Not Paid (don't worry i have paid your deposit)

All the best

Alex

mads

posted on 1/12/11 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Alex, you heard from Dave or MikeR about this?

omega0684

posted on 3/12/11 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Dave sent me a u2u, i replied, and then he never got back to me,

Have heard nothing from Mike.

i would imagine they can still attend, but they won't be able to choose from the selected christmas menu

[Edited on 3/12/11 by omega0684]

posted on 5/12/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Looking forward to catching up tonight........ is it the usual 7.30?

Pete.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.