Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx12r where do these wires go?
dano

posted on 23/10/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
zx12r where do these wires go?

bit of help needed please,

on the zx12r wiring (2001 A) theres two black/red wires which go to the start switch, but im not having a start button, just want it to start on the key (sierra ignition barrel)
so what do i need to do with these wires ?

thanks
Danny

rf900rush

posted on 23/10/11 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
The ZX12R has many interlock switches to stop it starting.

I simply took the Sierra's start wire directly to the ZX12R's Start relay.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dano

posted on 23/10/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for you reply,
but my electrical knowledge is poor, while wiring to the relay like you suggested is probally easy for some, its something i dont feel competent at doing,
arnt most people removing the zx12r starter relay when they ditch the junction box anyway?

altho i am happy ive bypassed all the interlocks as descibed in the write ups ive read, i still dont fully understand what i actaully have to do with the black/red wires,
the one from ECU pin 28 goes to the switched side of the ignition, but what about the other?

twybrow

posted on 23/10/11 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
The starter button is given power from the Red switched 12V wire going into the Engine stop switch on the bike. If the stop switch is closed, the starter button receives power. When you push the start button, it power up the coils, and feeds a 12v signal to the ECU, which is the signal to the ECU that you are pushing the starter button. So AFAIK, to remove the start button, you would need to connect the Bl/R wire to the Sierra ignition, in such a way that it receives power when you turn the key to crank. I cant tell you which wire would be on the Sierra, as I used the bike setup.

Good luck!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.