Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear Light Location and IVA
Rosco

posted on 31/10/11 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Rear Light Location and IVA

I'm struggling with rear light location on my Fury to comply with IVA. It seams that IVA regs are open to interpretation and I'd apprecaite feedback on your interpretation and any experience on how IVA examiners check compliance.

Note, I'm using Hella LED lights, the ones with an outer ring and mix/match inner and planning to use two pairs - i.e. two lights on each side of the car. A layout I've seen on a few Fury's and 7's.

The regs say the maximum distance from the side is 400mm, but I'm struggling to get both lights within this - measuring from the widest part of the car (rear wheel arch) and the edge of the light. So my questions about interpretation are:

Do both lights need to be within the 400mm limit?

Is the measurement taken from the widest part of the car or edge of the rear panel?

Is the measurement to the centre line of the light or the edge?

Many thanks.

adithorp

posted on 31/10/11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
The 400mm is measured from the widest part of the car. So thats the rear wheelarch edge (for front and rear lights).
It's measured to the outer edge of the lamp. Max seperation is inner edge. max height to top edge and min to bottom.
It applies to any lamp cluster as far as I know. What combination of lamps are you using?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

wicket

posted on 31/10/11 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Both need to be within the 400mm measured from the widest part of the car, and I am pretty sure the 400 mm is measured to the edge of the reflector.
snapper

posted on 1/11/11 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

snapper

posted on 1/11/11 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
I think 2 light clusters close together are considered as one, there is some guidance in the IVA manual that shows a diagram with reflector.
Many fury's have passed IVA with multiple rear lights so as long as the outer is within the outer distance requirements and the inner within the inner requirements and both within the height range I can't see a problem.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.