OLD people
White Van Drivers
Non professional Car Drivers
Caravan Car drivers
other

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WHO are the worst drivers on motorways....
jossey

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
WHO are the worst drivers on motorways....

given the recent discussions about the m5 crash. seems alot of people have different theories about who is to blame and who drive bad. Lets VOTE.....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
There's no box for "women" ????

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

Agriv8

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
any person who does not move to the left hand lane on a motorway when able to do so !!!

public flogging and 3 points end off!!!

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Lightning

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
generally people diving in the middle lane when they can move over. But the worst is diving far too close.

Steve

Ben_Copeland

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed. People that sit in the outside lane. Not overtaking anyone, causing people to undertake out of frustration.

I don't mind people overtaking slowly or driving slowly. But it's the outside lane hoggers and the fools behind them trying to undertake.

Saying that, the most accidents I see is minor accidents involving a single car and lorry. Everyday without fail there's a lorry parked up with a car just infront.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

jossey

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
missed a few off the list sorry :O)

not sure i can put women as my mrs will kill me. probably by driving too close to a lorry lol ......

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
In my opinion.... anyone who is driving under the speed limit is a massive danger to everyone.

The worst offenders are those middle aged/elderly people in their toyota Jizz sitting at 50.... If lorries are overtaking you... get OFF the motorway!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

D Beddows

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
The category for Audi drivers is also missing I realise it's all the same t*ssers who gave BMWs a bad name but I'm sure their driving has got worse - or maybe I'm just getting old........ lol
r1_pete

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Definately those thinking tey are paid up members of the middle lane owners club, closely followed by those who don't match the motorway speed on the slip road and insist on joining at 30mph.
omega 24 v6

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I put " other" as to be honest and as we all know there are people in every one of those categories who are crap drivers.
Look ahead/think ahead and leave more room should be drummed into learners ( it was when I sat my test and the roads were quieter then). middle lane hoggers should be shot and undertakers should be sent just there.
My tuppence worth.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

eddie99

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Middle lane drivers/ people who wont move over....
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Confused but excited.

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
In my opinion.... anyone who is driving under the speed limit is a massive danger to everyone.
quote:

Whereas everyone driving at the maximum permisable speed would be safer?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

TAZZMAXX

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
The true answer is probably all of them but I do find that you see better driving standards early in the morning rather than the middle of the day, for instance. My pet hate is 7.5 tonners as the majority seem to be driven by people who've never had to take their HGV and think that their vehicle has car like performance.
Agriv8

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
The category for Audi drivers is also missing I realise it's all the same t*ssers who gave BMWs a bad name but I'm sure their driving has got worse - or maybe I'm just getting old........ lol

nah think they have moved onto volvo's its a strange one as I have seen it myself my !! Mty Audi A6s is the most relaxing place I can sit - compared to work home ( even better if I have No kids ). PS i do not tail gate but have been known to brake test a few !

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Daddylonglegs

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, another vote for the Middle Lane Owner's CLub members. PITA!! MOVE OVER GIBBON!!!!

That feels a little better

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

ashg

posted on 8/11/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
driving on the m20, m26, m25, m23 every day for the last 2-3 years the thing that pee's me off more than anything are people that sit aggressively close up your ass trying to bully through even though there are 50 cars in front of me holding everything up

driving too close is the cause of virtually all motorway accidents. people that get wiped out by lorries are either stupid or very very unlucky. when i was taught to drive i was told to never sit along side a lorry and to always overtake in a quick manner. i was also told to never sit between two lorries in the slow lane. if you want to know if a lorry is going to pull out just look in their mirror. if you can see his eyes he is pulling out simple as that.

THE REALLY BIG ISSUE THOUGH!!!! why the hell are we still not teaching people to drive on the motorway as part of the driving test? the chance of being killed in a motorway collision is miles higher than any other type of road but the government and dsa still dont want to take their blinkers off as they think it will cost too much to implement. surely lost business revenue from accident hold ups must cost more than changing the driving test.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

AndyW

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Well I used to drive a BMW and now an Audi. I do over 40k miles a year and never had an accident which was my fault, so lets not tar everyone with the same brush. I could easily say that people like you who clearly have anger against certain drivers and their cars, are very dangerous on the road as your more likely to try and out do one of them, and say you got one up on an audi driver.

Lets not get personal shall we?

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
quote:

Well I used to drive a BMW and now an Audi. I do over 40k miles a year and never had an accident which was my fault, so lets not tar everyone with the same brush. I could easily say that people like you who clearly have anger against certain drivers and their cars, are very dangerous on the road as your more likely to try and out do one of them, and say you got one up on an audi driver.

Lets not get personal shall we?

Sorry but Audi drivers got a well earned reputation for reckless and arrogant driving.

Unfortunately they seem to have Range Rovers now

The most dangerous driver are tailgaters and that applies to 90% of the idiots on the road

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

Benzine

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
THE REALLY BIG ISSUE THOUGH!!!! why the hell are we still not teaching people to drive on the motorway as part of the driving test? the chance of being killed in a motorway collision is miles higher than any other type of road

The chance of being killed in a motorway crash is a tiny bit higher than other roads but overall:

"Motorways aren't only our fastest roads, they're also our safest. In terms of deaths and serious injuries per mile driven, they are four times safer than rural roads, and six times safer than town streets"
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/motorwa ys-are-good-for-you-1600227.html

owelly

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

driving too close is the cause of virtually all motorway accidents.

Er, yes......way too close. If there was a gap, then there would be no collision....

At a recent 'road safety awareness' course run at my work, we had two traffic cops and two IAM instructors giving the presentation. All four stated, and repeated when questioned, that it is perfectly legal to 'filter' on a multi-lane carriageway. Thats undertaking to you and me, provuding you're not changing lanes specifically to carry-out the manouver.
Every day is a school day...

[Edited on 8/11/11 by owelly]

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

hicost blade

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Belgians! By far the worst

I always say to my misses, look at that Belgian I bet he's going to do something stupid........ ahhhhhh brake, swerve "t****r"

I nearly got had by one after the Grand Prix on the A43 M40 junction, he swerved across 3 lanes in front of me and nearly took the front of my car off, no indicators or mirrors just a dangerous manoeuvre. I even warned my misses to brace about 5 seconds before it happened as a "joke".......

Ban em all!!!!!

tegwin

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Why else do you think the belgians have red number plates.... makes it easier to identify and run away

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

ash_hammond

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
any person who does not move to the left hand lane on a motorway when able to do so !!!

public flogging and 3 points end off!!!

regards

Agriv8

^^ My vote.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

D Beddows

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I have to say that unfortunately that reply goes some way to proving my point........... Where did I say I was a) angry b) going to try to 'out do' them and c) mention your name!!? All I know is that, from experience, probably 7 times out of 10 if I see an newish Audi coming up behind me they're either going to flash past at 100+ mph or if there is too much traffic to do that they're either going to tailgate, swap lanes unnecessarily every 500 yards or undertake. I just let them get on with it tbh, it's been a long time since I was a teenager and felt the need to think I'd 'got one up' on someone with a certain make of car............

You're obviously one of the 3 out of 10 so lets just leave it at that shall we!? - and no I'm not saying it's just Audi drivers that drive like muppets either

T66

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
I drove A1/M1 last week, home to Hinckley & return with the car and trailer....

Wagon drivers tend to look in their mirrors, and then cut you up. Old people dont look in them at all, coach drivers seem ok..

Worst drivers for me are the wanker Audi/Merc lot bullying their way on the motorway.

450 or so miles, and 3 people tried to kill me....

1) Audi driver, finished using his mobile in lane 1 at 50mph and pulled out infront of me without looking.

2) Old fart in a Pug 106 - Never looked at all, then gave me the Vs once I had missed running into the back of him.

3) Audi driver (fat bloke in a suit) on his mobile in the narrow lanes, head propped up on his window, drifted into me.

Never saw a Police car from one end of the country to the other, just saw the CHIPS patrol once, no surprise driving is so bad, nobody gets trained how to drive on motorways at speed, so hence nobody has a clue, and the standards are so low.

Minor whinge complete, thank you.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.