Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AGM WLR V12 Yellow Vinyl Wrap
StuartBJ

posted on 15/11/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
AGM WLR V12 Yellow Vinyl Wrap

After much soul searching I have decided on the following colour scheme, inspired by the Porsche LM P2 Spyder. The car will be vinyl wrapped instead of painted.

You can just about make out the three yellow choices, the top two of which are similar to hazard yellow and a number plate yellow.

Inspired by....

[Edited on 15/11/11 by StuartBJ]

jabbahutt

posted on 15/11/11 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Is there going to be any red in your scheme as per the original? that is going to be a really awesome looking car when done

StuartBJ

posted on 15/11/11 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
Is there going to be any red in your scheme as per the original? that is going to be a really awesome looking car when done

Thanks chap, it was a hard decision to move away from the Batman look.

No in answer to your question. My first attemp included flashes of red..... but the contours didn`t seem to lend themself well.

I kept thinking ......Noddy and Ronald McDonald.

jabbahutt

posted on 15/11/11 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh now you mention it I can see why you avoided red, Noddy/MCDonalds jokes would wear thin pretty fast. When do you intend getting the wrapping done?

It going to look fantastic , wonder how many neck injuries it going to casue with peoples heads whipping round to have a look as it goes past

StuartBJ

posted on 15/11/11 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
Ahh now you mention it I can see why you avoided red, Noddy/MCDonalds jokes would wear thin pretty fast. When do you intend getting the wrapping done?

It going to look fantastic , wonder how many neck injuries it going to casue with peoples heads whipping round to have a look as it goes past

I think there are only so many ...."do you want fries with that" jokes that I could take....

Well I had planned to have it done on the 7th Novemeber but this had to wait due to extensive body re-work, spider cracks, imperfections, high sharp egdes, filler cracks and general poor quality that I didn`t want to ruin the vinyl when it was being applied. - Not that I`m bitter .....much

So I wiill probbably have it done at the end of Decemeber or January if I`m realistic, that and I spent the money on orient express tickets for my family.

The exterior wrap is £1000 and the artwork is £60/side. The rear diffuser and front splitter will be gloss black, as will be the aero bonnet catches, wing mirrors, petrol cap and canards.

I must of had a dozen attemps until I found something that I was happy with

I never thought I would go with a bright colour (especially with art work) but I`m now happ with the concept.

Note to self:.......I must remember to get my wheels reconditioned

Dangle_kt

posted on 15/11/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I like it, or should that be...

"Bah-Do-Ba-Ba-Baaaa, I'm lovin' it"

dlatch

posted on 15/11/11 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
i like it in bat mobile black but that's just me i guess
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.