Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nimh 6.5Ah 7.2V Battery Sticks
graememk

posted on 5/12/11 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Nimh 6.5Ah 7.2V Battery Sticks

i bought a nice ali electric bike that some one has tried to have away and the wiring and batterys are missing, no big one i thought to myself.

I'm looking for some batterys and i found theses on ebay, the bike originaly ran on sealed lead acid, and these look like they would do the job, but can you really get 6.5amp out of 7.2 batterys ?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

02GF74

posted on 5/12/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk

but can you really get 6.5amp out of 7.2 batterys ?

I would say so, seller is saying 100 A is possible.

look at the size of the buggers: The sticks weigh 1075g each
Length inc two M6 bolts is 400mm
Diameter is 35mm

Bluemoon

posted on 5/12/11 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yes.. They are more the capable, the only snag is the used cells capacity might be down a bit.. Was thinking about getting some of those cells (building an electric bike soon), to distant from me.. Worth a punt if you can pick them up ..

Dan

[Edited on 5/12/11 by Bluemoon]

Bluemoon

posted on 5/12/11 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
You might like to check out the forums:

www.pedelecs.co.uk
endless-sphere.com

A post/search should find out all you need to know about the bike. Do you still have the controller? Most of the bikes are now not DC, but AC motors and so need special electronics (you should be able to source an equivalent one if need) not just an on/off switch.

Dan

BenB

posted on 5/12/11 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hell yes they'll take the amps. And the rest.
The only thing with NiMH is they're not exactly light. If you made up a 2S2P lipo pack (from 2* 3500s) it would weight about 500g.
The advantage of Nimh is they are relatively compact and easy to charge (though don't leave them on C/10- NiCAds yes, C/10 is considered too high for prolonged trickle on a NimH).
If he's got a lot and it's collection only I'd take a long a rapid trickly charger and cycle them and make sure you get good'uns

russbost

posted on 5/12/11 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure this guy is on the electric car forum, battery vehicle society, so sure it's all Koshe - why on earth he won't courier them tho' I have no idea!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Bluemoon

posted on 5/12/11 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Hell yes they'll take the amps. And the rest.
The only thing with NiMH is they're not exactly light. If you made up a 2S2P lipo pack (from 2* 3500s) it would weight about 500g.

Yes but a lot lighter than the orignal SLA's, so it's still and upgrade

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.