Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bmw 535d msport for sale
INDY BIRD

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
bmw 535d msport for sale

hi all

selling my wifes bmw as need a 4x4 or 7 seater now due to our 2nd daughter arriving 6 weeks ago,,

link to advert has a detachable tow bar very tidy car if you know of anyone wanting one please let them know,

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3492048.htm

thanks
sean

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

owelly

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey, how big is the new baby?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Why do you need something bigger? Theres enough room in the beemer for 2 adults and 3 kids!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yep there is then you get school friends of my daughters coming round and dropping off etc, I live very remote so easier when the is more seats as you don't use the middle seat really do you and the is always friends over or my wife running them around etc, and the new daughter is only 91bs but carries with them prams and god knows what else all there gear in the world in the boot, that's my wife prepared for any occasion ,

Tried to get her to take my Mindeo st but wants a bigger car, never mind it's a great car but what they want they get in the end,

Thanks Sean

owelly

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
That explains why I have a 4x4, 8 seater, Bongo Bus!.......with just two kids!
Good luck with the sale and purchase.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snapper

posted on 13/12/11 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Most 4x4's just arn't big enough when you add baby carrier, pram elder daughters friends etc.
The only thing that will really do it is a Galaxy sized interior and you still need a top box for European holidays, trust me.
I used to have 4 kids at home all within 4 years of each other.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
i know thats why i need prob 7 seater prob s max etc, or a big 4x4 7 seater etc, and when we go on hol next year to devon cornwall will still need a rtoof box for things as the boogie boards and bikmes get chucked in,

still never mind we all get old at some point

cheers

MikeR

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Got an smax, wife, one baby and a dog - we only just fit in (although I could see out of the rear window).

Other halfs brother also has an smax and has a football teams worth (5 a side luckily) they all just fit in with a roof box for a weekend away.

nick205

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Alhambra/Galaxy is a winner in my book for that role. We have 3 kids and associated clobber and it never fails to swallow the lot. Best thing is being able to seat them so far apart that they can't antagonise each other

I'd be looking to shift the Mondeo and take over the bimmer myself though

Simon

posted on 13/12/11 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
S'funny, in the olden days I used to go with me parents and two bro's in a MK11 Cortina, now me and the missus have an Grand Espace. It is very handy - we frequently fill all seats up, so not such a waste and it prob does more mpg than a MK11 Cortina

We also tow the caravan with it

ATB

Simon

kevmcdo

posted on 13/12/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan pathfinder is a great all rounder if you really want the 4x4 and seven seater option.
We have one and manage to fit 3 kids and two dogs in it on a daily basis with a buggy in the boot with the dogs, the boot is more than big enough for most things that you will need on a daily basis with a kids and all the extras that come with them.....
Fuel economy varies dependent on the model year, we have the 174bhp model and return anything from 36 to 42mpg, it can be driven in 2 wheel drive, auto or permanent 4x4.

MikeR

posted on 13/12/11 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Eeek - my s-max only gets 42mpg loaded with stuff that isn't that heavy and the cruise control set to 70mph (according to the speedo).

If you do get an s-max i'd seriously seriously (yes, i wrote that twice deliberately) recommend the parking sensors. I can't imaging life without them (front and back).

JoelP

posted on 13/12/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
was looking on ebay at xc90s the other day, i was well shocked how big the boot looked. The picture that looked like the back seats were down really was just the back seats down, still 5 up, and it looked enormous.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Mark Allanson

posted on 13/12/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
When our second child was due, I sold the 1340 cooper s and bought a 1098 clubman estate

How things change!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

steveiow

posted on 14/12/11 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
was looking on ebay at xc90s the other day, i was well shocked how big the boot looked. The picture that looked like the back seats were down really was just the back seats down, still 5 up, and it looked enormous.

Had an 07 plate D5 XC90 and they are huge in the boot, 7 seats when needed, the 2 in the boot are individual so you can have 6 and still a large boot and the 2 in the boot are suitable for adults if required. Pulled like a train. The locost race car has gone faster being towed by that than it will on the rev limit in top gear.

Also had an 03 plate T6 petrol. Not good for fuel consumption and crappy auto gearbox made of chocolate (only on the petrol models).

Stick to the D5 diesel unit in either manual or auto and you cant go wrong.

Get a Steinbaur chip for around £600 and you will have 500 torques as well.

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

nick205

posted on 14/12/11 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
When our second child was due, I sold the 1340 cooper s and bought a 1098 clubman estate

How things change!

Not saying you're old Mark, but that sounds like my dad when my younger and youngest sisters arrived on the scene

He did console himself with an E-Type resto project at the same time though!

Mark Allanson

posted on 14/12/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson

How things change!

Not saying you're old Mark, but that sounds like my dad when my younger and youngest sisters arrived on the scene

He did console himself with an E-Type resto project at the same time though!

You're right - I am old

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.