Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another charity request - sorry!
Cheffy

posted on 28/12/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Another charity request - sorry!

Hi All,

Sorry to ask now as I know everybody is skint after Xmas - not to mention the ongoing financial 'crisis', but......

Back in December 2009 my son and his wife had a little girl, Cassie. Unfortunately Cassie was born at only 26 weeks at 2pm on Saturday 5th December 2009. Despite things looking quite promising initially, she started to go downhill the following day. She suffered a major brain haemorrhage and despite the best efforts of the excellent staff at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford she died at 2am on Tuesday 8th December at just 2 1/2 days old. Needless to say, it wasn't the best Xmas ever!

On the upside, my son and daughter-in-law have since given us another Grandaughter, Jessica Emily. Again, Jessica was born prematurely at 28 weeks. However, despite suffering a punctured lung within 24 hours of being born, I'm glad to say that Jessica, thanks again to the incredible dedication of the staff at the John Radcliffe, is now a very healthy 15 month old who's really keeping Mummy and Daddy (not to mention her Grandparents) on their toes!

Since Cassie's death, and the birth of Jessica, my son and his wife have been trying to raise some money for SSNAP, the baby unit at the John Radcliff Hospital. They set a target of GBP5,000 (sorry - no pounds sign on this old laptop!) and, including Gift Aid allowances have raised just under GBP3,000 to date.

If anybody could afford to donate just a couple of quid to this very worthwhile cause to help them reach their target, my son and daughter-in-law, along with my wife and I (and the wonderful staff at SSNAP I'm sure) would be extremely grateful.

If you feel able to help with a small donation, however modest, the link to donate is:-

SSNAP Donation

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, and wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year,

All the best,

Martin, Anita, Andrew, Alexa, Jessica all the rest of the Frost clan.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.